Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Barton core and FSB settings?

My friend just bought the A7N8X-X (nForce 2) mobo and Barton 2600+ and all the FSB settings the mobo shows are 133, 166 and 200MHz. He just updated the BIOS today and it still wonīt show anything else than those three settings. Is there any way to get the mobo to show more FSB settings (by tweaking the BIOS) or is the Barton core so well locked that you just have to get along with those three settings? :tears: What about with different mobo? :confused:

My Bios does the same thing unless I set it to "Expert" mode which then let me change everything manually. :)

So those FSB settings are not completely locked? :?:

No, what do you think made nForce2 popular? 3 FSB settings?

Set it to expert and you can adjust it in 1mhz increments

since the bios of the a7n8x delux and a7n8x-x are probably very similar, here's what you need to do.
    Under Advanced Chipset Features change the following:
    • System Performance [User Defined] (must do this one to change anything important)
      CPU Interface [Aggressive]
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

The Expert settin' is for EPoX nForce2 boards with most others usin' User Defined. Basically all nForce2 boards use the same Award/Phoenix BIOS but the manufacturers can change the wordin' within it.

I do know that the nForce 2 mobos can unlock the FSB settings but my friend couldnīt get the BIOS to show them so I though I ask here is there something special in those Barton cores that canīt be unlocked. I told my friend (on the telephone) that he should set all the Advanced chipset features to User defined to be able to change the FSB settings freely and he told me that it still wonīt work but I think he just missed some important setting there. :rolleyes:

THX for the replys! :cheers:

the FSB is not locked on any CPUs, however the multiplier can be. If it is the multiplier that you want to change, you need to change CPU Frequency Multiple Setting to [Menu] after you make the changes in my last post. However, on some of the more recent Bartons the multiplier (not the FSB) has been locked so opening up the multiplier for adjustment in the bios wont help you any.

btw, Advanced Chipset Features is only a sub-menu. You must enter that page before making adjusting the values mentioned before.

:cheers:

Okhay, maybe I didnīt remember all the terms right in my posts...sorry... :rolleyes: :thumb:

just trying to avoid any confussion is all :)

you might know what you ment, but all we have to go on is what we see on screen.

:cheers:

Thread Information