Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Upgrade decisions

I am planning an upgrade, and not sure of what to do as far as going Intel or AMD? I have always liked Intel but do seem to understand that most gamers like AMD. I am not much of a gamer, but AMD is still a lot cheaper than Intel. So with that said, does anyone have a suggestions? Thx

Both are good and stable platforms nowadays. If you don't really care about the speed, then get whatever is cheaper. If you're looking at pure power, Intel is ahead in the race at the moment, but that will likely change soon.

It really depends on your needs, wants and desires; as well as how much you have available to spend.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Well lettin' know what ya have already and what ya main functions with it are then some better replies could be made (a few parts in ya current PC maybe enough) but if ya into media encoding/editing then the P4 is the way to go. If gaming is ya thing (yes I know ya said that ya ain't but someone else may benefit from this part) the the Athlon64 is the way to go. I'd suggest holdin' off till June though as by then there will be new sockets and chipsets around for both AMD and Intel which will give a longer upgradable lifespan to work with.

thanks for the replies guys. Don't have a lot of money and I know the new 64bit stuff is going to be a fortune. So maybe just do some changing. Thanks again.

Thread Information