Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Socket 939 Processors and Mobos out

lets hope.

The 3500 is certainly the most efficient processor in terms of monetary efficiency (bang-for-buck). The 3800 is overpriced as for $220 less you only lose 200 MHz. I had thought the 3800 would be nice before, but now I think it is kind of stupid. If you're getting something that expensive, it's more senible to spend the extra $100 for the 1MB cache of the FX-53 or to grab a 3500 and wait for the FX-55. I guess if you want something fast now and the FX is too much money, it could be a good purchase.

But once the FX-55 comes out, Intel will be in serious trouble. AMD's flagship will beat Intel's in most applications, even encoding. That combined with the 3500, 3800, and FX-53 beating out more expensive P4s in most applications (not as many in encoding) could mean huge trouble for Intel. Intel better come up with something to make up for the Prescott pretty soon.

Though I'm a big fan of AMD, I wouldn't worry about Intel. There are so many closed Intel shops it would take years for AMD to make a dent. I run into average people every day who only know "Pentium" when talking cpus. The enthusiast market is a small drop in a very large bucket.

And the A8V hits Newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...131-499&depa=0

What a beast for it's price! I'd be waiting for other ones to get more choices, but this is pretty sweet.
    Three ATA controllers for up to six ATA devices possible
    Two SATA controllers (different ones, too), both with RAID
    Firewire
    Gigabit Ethernet
    Up to 4GB dual channel RAM
    AGP 8x
    Five PCI
    ASUS WiFi-g PCI card
    $158
    I recall seeing socket 940 motherboards for more money without most of the cool features (more SATA and IDE, Firewire, 4GB RAM). I'd wait for some benchmark comparisons with Nforce 3 250 socket 939 motherboards when they come out, but this wouldn't be a bad purchase as it stands.
    Good job, ASUS. :thumb:

The ABIT AV8 hits Newegg:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...127-181&depa=0

Very dissapointing. It's hardly cheaper than the ASUS A8V, while lacking most of the nice features.

ya that ASUS A8V is pretty nice. Its still not in stock though. Also have you guys seen any really good reviews on these mobos? I wanna read some of them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information