Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie question about the heatsink

Default Re: Newbie question about the heatsink

Quote Originally Posted by paleghost
    When i get paid, I think i'm going to invest alot in cooling.
    Care to elaborate? Water? Peltier? Phase change? Where are you planning on going with this? Could be interesting.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

CoolDrive 4 and filling up my case with case fans.. there are a bunch of empty slots. Oh and the window fan broke (wires pulled out from taking off the door). Another one of those.

Lets just say my pc is undercooled.

Are the window fans the same size of the case fans? My case desc. is confusing me.

http://www.xpcgear.com/strykerst626b.html

it says
    1 x 80 mm in side (Included)
    5 x 80 mm (Optional)

I'm guessing that means there is one 80mm fan included and five 80mm fans are optional.

edit: I would LOVE a water cooling system, but considering that i'm going to be one of those broke college students in like say.. couple weeks. I'm going to stick with the basics d= When i said alot, I really didn't mean all that much. But when i do have a job and am going to college, we will see.
    Last edited by paleghost; 08-02-2004 at 06:25 AM.

Do you already have that case or are you just making plans on buying it? I ask because while it looks cool and has some decent cooling, the front intakes are pretty much worthless. There isn't enough space on the front bezel to allow for incoming cool air to work in the system. If you are just making buying plans, think of something else. If you already have it, then you might consider some mods to open up the front end for better circulation.

Regarding the fans, optional simply means that there is a mounting fixture for five extra fans but the case does not include them.

Finally, if you want a kit, there are a couple of good ones that use a full fledged water cooling system instead of some cheesey all-in-one box. I recently reviewed one of the Swiftech models and it is now my everyday cooling solution. Excellent cooling with very little noise.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

ah well i own it
    here

while i'm not going to go as far as modding the front. I may invest in a newer case later in the future. I'm going to go check out your Swiftech review now.

edit: the water cooling looks fantastic. Now I want one =). I always fears water cooling. Well.. water+inside of pc = bad. But I think i could cope.
    Last edited by paleghost; 08-02-2004 at 10:03 AM.

Well it seems the fan also took a hit. I guess it got negitive voltage from the time the motherboard and processor fried. Because it doesn't run at full power.. nor does it speed up when the cpu starts to heat up. Every time i jumped on warcraft III, it would freeze and shut down. Now that I installed the small factory fan that came with the 2200+ things are back to snaz. So I guess some money is going twords a new heatsink.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information