Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel or AMD?

Default Re: Intel or AMD?

On second thought, I would go for this OEM version if I were you. The difference is that that one has 1MB of L2 cache and the one you linked to has 512KB of L2 cache but is 200MHz faster. The tests I've seen indicate that the extra cache helps more than the extra clock speed. Basically, get the OEM I just linked to and this if you're willing to throw another $10 or so at it.
    Otherwise, just stick with the Retail 3200 you picked out.

Would the arctic cooler be a better fan for the cpu than the fan coming with the retail version?

Thanks again for all your help Yawgm0th:D

No problem. :)

Hard to say whether or not it would be better. It probably would be, although I can't say that for certain. The point is that's about the cheapest third-party cooling you can get and I don't see any Retail 3200s with 1MB L2 cache. If you actually wanted nice cooling for purposes of overclocking or increasing processor life (although this thing will live through years of constant use on stock), the Thermaltake line of Venus coolers would be quite nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information