Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Last question, then I buy.

I have a question conscerning memory. I am going with an epox board but am going cheap on the cpu until I can afford an xp processor. I will settle for a duron 950 until I have everything I need. then upgrade. The Duron runs at 200mhz, can I run the pc2100 ddr memory with this processor? I suspect that I cant. The epox 8kha+ can support just about anything but I dont want to invest in the pc1600 memory only to have to reinvest money again to buy the pc2100 for my xp processor.
    I eagerly await an answer. This is my last hurdle I have to overcome before I buy.

Your PC2100 will be perfectly backward compatible.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thanx again. Also, I thought that I would let everyone know that this site truly rocks.
    Well I am off to buy some parts. thanx again.

The deed is done. I just purchased the epox board and the cpu. In two weeks the wife will give me my allowance again and I can buy memory. Thanx again folks. I will let you know how it turns out.

Make sure to take some before and after benchmarks. It's always fun to see how much improvement you gain.

And did you get the 8KHA+ board?
    My Toys

absolutely, I did get the epox 8kha+ board, however; I went with the duron 950 until probably this fall. An xp will follow then.
    I am presently running a 700 mhz pentium III with a trinity board. I have no complaint with it but , the wife is not fond of the idea of me "recking her computer". So I now have a case, 350watt pwr supply, front and rear fan (generic), a motherboard, and cpu (retail).
    I know retail fans are lame, however; Durons are really cheap and it only has to last until fall. Also, for a beggining overclocker, I think I am doing the right thing by not risking an xp cpu.

where did u order from? i was thinking of getting the same mobo today or tomorrow from newegg.com

from pcshop1.com. I have no opinion on them. It is the first time I have ever bought anything from them. The price was right, so I went for it.

Good luck to you then. Let us know how you do with the new toy. ;)
    My Toys

Thread Information