Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP 2500+ Mobile

Default XP 2500+ Mobile

Just thought I would place an initial review of my new 2500 mobile, and I have to say that although I have yet to push this bad boy, I was able to get it running at 12x200 for 2400 right out of the box and 100% stable. I have DDR 500 ram so I do intend on pushing this thing a little harder, as my air cooling is keeping the cpu at 45C without a load, and 51 under a load. For 88 dollars off of newegg, I can really see the difference that a new CPU will give to a slightly older system. My Doom 3 Frame Rates went from 29 FPS (with a Geforce 6800 GT) to 62 FPS at 1600 X 1200!!! Now I can play doom the way it was meant to be played!!! I gotta thank Yawgmoth for steering me from the 3200+ desktop to the mobile.
    Just1tree

"I feel the need....the need for speed!"

Default Re: XP 2500+ Mobile

No problem, but you're going to need better cooling to really push that. Also, try getting the FSB over 200 and do the wire mod if necessary to keep it stable. It will be better to have high FSB on top of high clock speed.

Default Re: XP 2500+ Mobile

Well, I plan on pushing the FSB as high as I can without the wire mod to see how much I am limited without it. I am just slighly nervous about that mod, as there just isn't a lot of good explanations about it out there. I checked out the links that you posted previously, but like I said, I want to see how far I can get without it. My memory should allow for a high FSB, and I love the fact that with the mobile you can adjust the multiplier to give the desired speed. As far as the cooling is concerned, I just bought the TT Polo 735
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...106-042&depa=0
    which is doing a decent job cooling it with the fan running on low. I could always crank it up for more efficient air flow, but I am trying to find a balance between speed and noise. I also plan on changing the settings with my rams timings, as I think it is rated at CAS 3, but I am not running it at full speed so I should be able to adjust that without too much problem. All the same, it is always nice to bring new life into an aging PC.
    Just1tree

"I feel the need....the need for speed!"

Thread Information