Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD Flooding the Market With Durons?

I was just told AMD is attempting to flood the (OEM) market with Durons to avoid the hurt that the P4 Celerons could possibly bring about...Let's hope this is has a good effect on the retail pricing of Durons and Athlons...
    Thomas Simmons
    Just some guy

errr celereys hurting Durons n Athlons........errr i dont think so.....

It's called marketing my friend...You tell someone they can get a 1.6 up to 2.0GHz Processor with a WHOPPING 400MHz Front Side Bus compared to a 1.3 or 1600+ Processor with only a 200Mhz of 266MHz Front Side Bus at comparable pricing, they aren't going to know actual performance is different than megahertz...They don't know everything we do...
    Thomas Simmons
    Just some guy

yeah also trying to get people to buy the duron now instead of buying a celeron later.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Shepps
    errr celereys hurting Durons n Athlons........errr i dont think so.....
    P4 Celeron's he's talking about

based on Northwood Core with less cache, 400Mhz System bus and possably SMT

That will hurt a Duron

Looks like AMD might have to up teh cache to 128K L2, bump the FSB up and move to 166DDR FSB for Athlon XP Tbread core
    Cameron Johnson
    Senior Hardware Reviewer
    TweakTown

No, P4 Celerons will be based on the Willamette core (hence, Willamette128)

If you can recall the debate between the P3 Coppermine and the Celeron Coppermine128, you might say that it's happening again...

Quote Originally Posted by mistert
    ...They don't know everything we do...
    They also might not know that an influx in quantity of a product available is going to change pricing, AMD could possibly hold prices up for a short time, to gain that extra buck, and still have a huge unload of durons on the market to chip away at future P4 Celery PC's. If you just bought something that everyone else just bought at the normal price, why buy again?

ahh, i didn't know there were such things as P4 celerons, me being an AMD fan lol.

BAD AMD FAN!

You have to know as a follower of the AMD, so that we can understand what not to accept from the infidels. We as AMD'ers would say "Kill the P4", and "Kill the celery", but never "kill the P4 celery" - so they will always a weapon against us and those with which we protect. If we cannot warn the masses, they will fall victum because of their own stupidity.

lol, erm yer........:rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information