Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cracked prosesser

Default Cracked prosesser

I chiped the conducter on my Athlon XP 2600 prosseser and it still works. Will i run into any problems in the future
    Axio 480W PSU
    Asus A7N8X-X
    AMD Barton 2600+ @ 2.13 (184x11.5)
    PNY GeForce Fx 5200
    PMI 512 MB PC3200
    40 gig wd/20 gig slave

Default Re: Cracked processor

You might have gotten lucky and just have a crack in a non critical area of teh CPU, but stresses generated by the processor heating up and cooling back down may aggravate the problem, so I'd be on the lookout for a new CPU, just look at it as a opportunity to upgrade, but I really wouldn't put too much faith in it being good for much longer
    AMD XP 2600+
    SOYO Dragon 400
    1 gig 3200 DDR
    Phillips CD/RW
    Pioneer DVD -/+ RW
    2-60 gig HD in RAID, 1 60 gig backup
    XP Pro

Default Re: Cracked processor

Quote Originally Posted by kgburns
    You might have gotten lucky and just have a crack in a non critical area of teh CPU, but stresses generated by the processor heating up and cooling back down may aggravate the problem, so I'd be on the lookout for a new CPU, just look at it as a opportunity to upgrade, but I really wouldn't put too much faith in it being good for much longer

yeah i think you are right i used to be able to overclock not anymore its not stable anymore. so maybe ill have to upgrade...
    Axio 480W PSU
    Asus A7N8X-X
    AMD Barton 2600+ @ 2.13 (184x11.5)
    PNY GeForce Fx 5200
    PMI 512 MB PC3200
    40 gig wd/20 gig slave

Default Re: Cracked prosesser

Is there any way you can take a picture for us? By conductor do you mean the cpu core? If so, if you cracked it on the very edge, then you might have just cracked a little bit of extra silicon.

Thread Information