Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 3200+ or slower mobile with oc?

Default 3200+ or slower mobile with oc?

My friend wants to upgrade his processor, he has an ASUS A7N8X-X he was planning to buy the 3200+, but the salesman told him he had a mobile version of the processor(forgot witch one sorry) that would easily overclock to 2, 5 GHz with the stock cooler and it was allot cheaper, he told me it was unlocked and I know this is true, but I want to know if it is as easy to set the new speed in the bios or if it requires precise voltage FSB and other complex adjustments<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Pentium D 830 - ASUS P5WD2 Premium -2x512MB Corsair XMS2 PC5300 -GeForce 6800GT 256 - Audigy 2 ZS 160GB Seagate HD with NCQ - Windows XP Professional 32bit -700W PSU - LG GSA 4163B DVD-RW DL

Default Re: 3200+ or slower mobile with oc?

You sure can good buddy!!! I have an Athlon XP-M 2500 overclocked to 2.4 through the bios. It is that easy to obtain theoretical 3400+ XP speeds with the mobile chips. If you are short on cash and need a quick processor, steer clear of the full price 3200 and tell him to pick up a mobile. There is also a wire mod trick that needs to be done to push the envelope higher, I just haven't had the time to do it.
    Just1tree

"I feel the need....the need for speed!"

Default Re: 3200+ or slower mobile with oc?

I'd much rather have the mobile. It'll OC to higher speeds than the more expensive 3200, and it costs less...

Thread Information