Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AMD Processer and MOBO

Default AMD Processer and MOBO

I need a recomendation for a new motherboard, im currently trying to upgrade my stupid dell. I ve picked out http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...133-138&depa=0
    that case and i am now trying to find out what processer i should get and a mother board. Can you guys help me out? Im also planning to spend about 400-500. and i have a P4 3.2 and i want a processer better than that within the price range. Thx!
    Last edited by Zeeg; 02-01-2005 at 04:15 AM.

Default Re: AMD Processer and MOBO

I wouldn't waste my money on that case if I were you. The PSU probably isn't even sufficient for what you'd be building, and it's a waste of money anyway. You're going to want about a 480W PSU, and I'd recommend finding a much cheaper case that you think is still aesthetically pleasing. My case and PSU were about $80 shipped together, and the PSU is better than what would come with that case (420W TT rather than 400W). Buying the PSU seperately is usually the best choice.

As for the system, exactly what do you do with this computer? If you're expecting significantly better gaming performance out of this upgrade, think again, unless you have a 6800GT/Ultra or X800 NP/Pro/XT/XL. If you already have a fairly nice video card, then here's what I'd recommend:
    Either an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum or a Neo2 Platinum, depending on whether your current video card is AGP or PCI-E. If you'll be getting a new card, go for the Neo4 and a PCI-E video card.
    Athlon 64 3500 with 90nm Winchester core. If you want something faster, you'll either need to overclock the system or increase the budget significantly. I'd suggest overclocking, either way.

If you don't have a good video card, you'll want to get a PCI-E GeForce 6800 to go wtih the Neo4 and 3500.
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 02-01-2005 at 01:09 PM.

Default Re: AMD Processer and MOBO

k thanks looks like ima need more money.

Thread Information