Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: amd fx

Default amd fx

My friend wants to get an amd Fx processor.. i don't know too much about them coz, well they were far to expensive for me. So just hoping someone can give me some info.. like what is the difference between the FX-57/58, and does it make sense to have multiple cpu's.. i think they really only help for multiprogramming and multithreading.. i don't really know how much they would be used under windows.. oh and it's going to be mainly a gaming pc that it will be used for..thanks for the info

Default Re: amd fx

The FX-55 is the highest current version atm but its likely that the FX-57 will be another 200MHz faster and so far no FX CPU uses an even model number (previous FX CPU's were FX-51 and FX-53). Also FX CPU's can't work SMP and for that you'll need an Opteron 2XX or greater but as you stated that its a "gaming pc" so SMP has nothing to offer you here (unless you like to run other processes in the background while you game) as single CPU PC's are faster at games than dual CPU setups.

thanks.. any idea when they are going to start making multithreaded games.. i read somewhere that they aren't going to be releasing dual core amd-fx until they start coming out

Until dual core processors become the norm, you probably won't see any sort of support for this type function except as an afterthought. It takes changes in the coding and game manufacturers are all about getting their product out as soon as possible (hence all the updates required for new release titles), so the added coding probably won't be included as a defacto standard until the processors become an everyday component.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information