Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 3dmark05 issue

Default 3dmark05 issue

I'm running an AMD 2800+ (32 bit) Barton Core on my Asus A7N8X-Deluxe (nice stuff for it's time). I have OC'd to a 3200+ (2.21 GHz) @ 200 MHz fsb. Also running the RAM at the same speed. DDR2700 @ 200MHz. I'm not having any heat problems, not having any performance issues, the only thing is: 3Dmark05 has a higher score with a lower cpu setting. I get around 2 fps at 1.9 GHz and a constant 0 fps at 2.21 GHz. Why is it performing worse? I was almost sure it wouldn't even make a difference since my bus speed sucks. The fastest I get from it is 333MHz and my cpu doesn't even go there. My video card is clocked at 475/1000 (ATI X700 Pro). My games run a little better and everything workse fine. Why is 3dmark being wierd like that?

(EDIT): The fps I'm referring to is the CPU testing section if you were wondering. The game testing runs around 15-20 fps @ 1024x768. My games obviously run a lot faster than those tests do. Which is also wierd.

Default Re: 3dmark05 issue

That's kind of weird, but I wouldn't worry about it unless your actual games perform worse, which I really doubt is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by sr4470
    Theyre very demanding, even my A64 cant manage double digit framerates.
    Somehow I doubt that...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Athlon 64 FX-53
    Abit AV8 (VIA K8T800 Pro)
    512MB OCZ PC3500 2-3-3-7
    Sapphire Radeon XT800 XT PE

All components are at stock speeds and no system optimization has been done yet (still set up for recent testing).

First CPU test flickers at 1-3FPS and 2nd CPU test runs at about 8FPS.
    I've never heard of anything breaking the 10FPS barrier on either of those CPU tests. Maybe at lower resolutions...

I must have been tired or something that night... Missed the whole can't part and thought "What fresh BS is this? Double digit framerates in 3DMark05 CPU test?"

Quote Originally Posted by sr4470
    It may help if you do a restart and cut down background apps\services, but the athlon xps arent too good in '05 cpu tests anyway. Theyre very demanding, even my A64 cant manage double digit framerates.
    That is true. I do have a pretty old~ish cpu. But still...0 fps? Oh well. I know why youre 64's aren't breaking the 10 fps too. None of those games are using 64 bit software. At least that's what would make more sense. Anyways, it could just be very demanding. And a new cpu may be in the making eventually for me. Thanks for the input.

Thread Information