Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: cpu Problems HELP PLEASE!!!

Angry cpu Problems HELP PLEASE!!!

So I have a really big problem that I can't seem to fix. First off, my setup in in my signature. I have and intel Northwood 2.0AGHz/512/400fsb that I had in the setup and have been running for a while with no problems at all. I put a 3.0/512/800 northwood in and I was getting all kinds of error messages, getting programs randomly close on me, and frequent, random reboots. I thought that it was the processor so I put in a 3.2GHz/512/800 Northwood processor. I had the same problems with this processor too! I decided to try to diable HT technology and this stoppped the reboots! (I have no idea why) but I still have problems getting programs (like CS:Source) that just close randomly and give me the "this program must be closed. Do you want to send the info to microsoft? etc) Another thing that I should note is that my intel mobo has an overclocking program to boost the speeds by 4% On my 2.0ghz cpu I was able to use it flawlessly. On both the 3.0 and the 3.2 The program will not even work. I'm at wit's end and I could really use some help or suggestions. Thanks to all you guys who offer their assistence.
    Intel 865PERL Mainboard
    Pentium 4 3.2ghz 800fsb with HT Technology
    1GB (2x512) Corsair XMS pc3200 timeings 2-3-3-6
    pny Geforce fx6600GT v81.95
    Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA HDD
    NEC ND-3520A DVD-R/RW DL
    Samsung DVD/CD-RW
    Ultra Xconnect 500watt

Default Re: cpu Problems HELP PLEASE!!!

I don't want to say anthing for sure, but it's possible that the PSU isn't able to handle it. Enermax makes good PSUs, and socket 478 systems aren't super power-hungry or anything, but 370W is still pusing it with a 6600GT in there. Does your 6600GT require a power connector?

Before jumping to conclusions though, I'd like to know what kind of temperatures you're getting on the PSU.

Default Re: cpu Problems HELP PLEASE!!!

yawgm)th ur GOD. evidently my 370w enermax couldnt handle it. I swithched it with an ultra 500W. boy am I relieved!
    ***EDIT*** ***EDIT***
    OK I WAS WRONG!!!!
    When I booted up my PC I was on it for about 45min without a problem then It rebooted about ery 5 mins or so. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!!! New PSU. no problems for 45min when it usally reboots ery 5 min and then it begins again????!!!! were the computer gods taunting me??? HELP!!!

<!-- / message --> Ok well it's not the PSU. put the old CPU in AGAIN and everything is peachy. Not problems at all!!!!!. Is there any program that could moniter my PC and tell me Why it rebooted? <!-- / message -->
    Last edited by Bageland2000; 01-13-2006 at 05:40 PM.
    Intel 865PERL Mainboard
    Pentium 4 3.2ghz 800fsb with HT Technology
    1GB (2x512) Corsair XMS pc3200 timeings 2-3-3-6
    pny Geforce fx6600GT v81.95
    Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA HDD
    NEC ND-3520A DVD-R/RW DL
    Samsung DVD/CD-RW
    Ultra Xconnect 500watt

Thread Information