Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unlocking my A64 multiplier..?

Default Re: Unlocking my A64 multiplier..?

You need more Vcore, try 1.55V it may work. That is a nice overclock for that low of a Vcore. Look around in bios on the screen where you change the HTT, it has to be there somewhere.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Alright i figured out how to do it. but.. i just got to it in the BIOS but my comps bening retarded. I went to 10x and booted up at my regular 240mhz and used my mobo utility to up the clock. However, when i was upping it ended up BSODing at the same place it always does.. around 248/249mhz. So i went to the BIOS and changed it to 9x. Booted again at 240 and tried to increase the clock. Once again... it wouldnt go past 248/249, it seems to be hitting the same wall that it hit at 11x. I guess the voltage could be to blame as its a little low atm, but still.. shouldnt i be seeing some trade off? if i lower the multiplier shouldnt i be able to up the clock?

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter
    You need more Vcore, try 1.55V it may work. That is a nice overclock for that low of a Vcore. Look around in bios on the screen where you change the HTT, it has to be there somewhere.
    Yeah ive changed the voltage a lot. Once it BSOD'd at 249 i went into the BIOS and went up in the smallest incroments all the way up to 1.7.. started running hot so i gave up.

im starting to think theres some invisible wall thats stopping the clock at 247/248 lol.

/pissed

I forgot to ask what HT are you running? It may also be called the LDT multi. You need to drop that to 3X to clock over 250HTT so that my also be causing issues.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

On Soltek mobos it's the LDT bus frequency running from 200mhz - 1ghz at 200mhz incriments. I have my 939sk PCIex board LDT set @ 800mhz with CPU Ratio @ x9 (1800mhz) with CPU Clock set at 280mhz on a 300mhz maximum board. Biggest OC drawback with Soltek 939 mobos is the VIA chipset limitations, with 9x being the lowest multi setting on my K890Pro.

Under CPU Ratio/Voltage Control section of BIOS if the Async PCIeX Clk & Async AGP/PCI ClK settings are not Enabled the AGP/PCI FSB Clock will run over 200 and BSOD will prevail in all attemps at OC'ing these boards.

I've had better luck changing LDT & Multi in the Bios with an F10 save, exit and re-enter to adjust other settings. Found that trying to change those setting with programs from Windows was a no-go nightmare. I do use A64Tweaker for mem timings which apply on Win startup with zero problems though.

2520mhz/2.5ghz being my Winnies best Stable OC required Vcore voltage at max of 1.550v, as anything less ran fine till stressed under full load/benchmarking. Runs hotter at stable load but I'm pushing over 550CFM via fan rheo bus. All 2 38x120mm, 1 38x92mm and 2 25x80mm fans combined when on 12v rail fail to drown out the louder drone of my Honeywell Asthma air unit!
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Hey, sorry to kind of hijack your post, but this is kind of relevant
    i have the same mobo as you Soltek K8t800pro, and i'm wondering if you have been able to apply the 1.6 version of the bios, if you did could you possibly send me the file
    i downloaded the file from soltek and it didn't work, i get an error saying that the file size does not match motherboard bios, which from what i understand means i have the wrong file "it wouldn't surprise me, solteks site is in rough shape"
    my ram isn't fully supported without this update and i'm out of things to try, please help if you can

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information