Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking my A64 multiplier..?

Question Unlocking my A64 multiplier..?

Ok i was just wondering if this would be possible. I have an Athlon 64 3500+ NewCastle, stock the FSB is 200x11 and when im bored i get get 245x11 pretty easily. What i want to do is change the multiplier to 10 so i can satisfy my OCD side. Its not nessesary but id rather overclock my cpu to 270x10 than 245x11, becides that, base-10 numbers are easier to deal with. My mobo is a Soltek K8T800 Pro (<<chipset)<chipset )="" just="" wondering="" if="" anybody="" here="" knows="" do="" get="" the="" job="" done="" any="" free="" programs/utilities="" welcome="" also="" open="" to="" installing="" a="" different="" bios="" version="" altho="" i="" have="" no="" clue="" how="" lol="">

Im also wondering what pros/cons would come with this, for example: slower processing, heat, need for higher voltage.. whatever.

Thanks.</chipset>

Default Re: Unlocking my A64 multiplier..?

Unless things have changed, your Athlon64 based processors can be manipulated downward, just not upwards unless you have an FX flavor.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yeah thats what im planning on doing. Its at 11x stock and i want to set it to 10x. Do you know how its done?

Go into bios and set it to 10. You may need higher voltage to run it, but most likely not. You may also get a very slight increase in heat. Also, make sure you are not running the ram too fast for the timings. The ram will keep scaling with the HTT speed and not be affected by changing the multi to a whole number.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter
    Go into bios and set it to 10. You may need higher voltage to run it, but most likely not. You may also get a very slight increase in heat. Also, make sure you are not running the ram too fast for the timings. The ram will keep scaling with the HTT speed and not be affected by changing the multi to a whole number.
    Cooling isnt an issue, at 2.64ghz under stress my zalman keeps it in the 40s.

I looked briefly in the BIOS and didnt see anything resembling a multiplier.. whats the setting called, what catagory is it in?

It is sometimes called a memory devider. or as labled in some bios' i've looked at, HTT/RAM Devider It is usualy in Advanced settings, some motherboards dont let you touch the devider or memory timings, if it does it should be in there with your timings.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Quote Originally Posted by Amd_Lover2004
    It is sometimes called a memory devider. or as labled in some bios' i've looked at, HTT/RAM Devider It is usualy in Advanced settings, some motherboards dont let you touch the devider or memory timings, if it does it should be in there with your timings.
    Well i looked for both of those and cant find anything like it. Thanks for the help tho.

If anybody here is familiar with my chipset (via k8t800 pro) please post, im dying to figure this out.

Okay, I'm only running a 3000+ winnie and although it's a Soltek mobo with a via chipset And it kick ass/or holdes its own with spendier 939 boards on water which even run Nforce chips...... my temps equal/better on air........its the next one up from yours K8T890 Pro PCIx. So, pick my brain on any and all settings BIOS/winxp OC programs.

If ya need help/screenie from my BIOS shout out!
    Last edited by dryadsoul; 02-05-2006 at 05:02 PM.
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by dryadsoul
    Okay, I'm only running a 3000+ winnie and although it's a Soltek mobo with a via chipset And it kick ass/or holdes its own with spendier 939 boards on water which even run Nforce chips...... my temps equal/better on air........its the next one up from yours K8T890 Pro PCIx. So, pick my brain on any and all settings BIOS/winxp OC programs.

If ya need help/screenie from my BIOS shout out!
    haha alright, good to have another soltek user reply. Ill just restate the question.. im trying to figure out how to change the multiplier on my A64 3500+ NewCastle from 11x (stock) to 10x, 9x, ect. With your winnie at 9 you obviously know how to do it?

if you need to know what BIOS verson i have i can screen it, but id assume we have the same verson. Im using the one that came with the board, never been flashed.

Thanks for the help :D

BTW: lol

its a NewCastle, but when i OC it thinks its a clawhammer lol...
    i can get 249x11 for about 15 seconds.. or for longer if i dont do anything :p
    i dont think im ever gonna hit 2750MHz tho../cry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information