Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northwood Pentium 4

Your best bet is to try a reputable small computer store
    I beg to differ... At least in the area I live.

I live in a rural area, and so our 'tiny computer stores' have nothing but out dated hardware (Celeron 800's !!! WOW!!) and WAY inflated prices. I do frequent some urban 'reputable computer stores' in the Twin Cities (3 hours away) when I get the chance, and they do have SOME good prices... I usually just get ram there... but even their mobos and processor are often too 20% higher than Online retailers.

And you would think these urban stores do plenty of business being literally 'IN' a campus of 50,000 students...

None the less, i would suggest getting most components online, with the exception of a few hardware items you can find locally for less... in my case, ram.

"But what if i have to take it back to the store because it was DOA??"
    Research what you want to buy, then buy good quality hardware, and you won't have to take it back... simple.

That's completely different to Australia..... all the small stores I have dealt with have competitive prices and keep current stock ;)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

I've got a bunch of different stores that are all pretty good in certain areas. One of them is more toward older stuff, but another while generally the most expensive, has the best service in town and I'm on a good enough basis I don't need to whip out my ID when I whip out my credit card.:D

Yeah, it's more expensive, but if something is dead or dies, I can get a replacement quickly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information