Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD Thoroughbred

That's true....hey I'll admit it right now..there are alot of things that I like beter about P4 then the athlon....such as the cover for the core? so that they are virtual unbreakable......the clock throttling ability? I couldn't even begin to imagin what would happen if my heatsink fell off, ya its on correctly and securely but what if those little tabs break.....another thing.......were the K6/2's really that bad? I had a K6/2 500MHz I could have sworn they were faster then P2's

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    another thing.......were the K6/2's really that bad? I had a K6/2 500MHz I could have sworn they were faster then P2's

No - they were slower :thumbs do

They were a good budget chip, but a K6-2 500MHz was about as fast as a Pentium II 400MHz in Office apps and 3DNow! accelerated games, but about the speed of a 266MHz Pentium II in unoptimised games. Thank God AMD fixed their anaemic FPU with the Athlon :)

And the K6-2 chips were nowhere near as overclockable as a Celeron :(
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

TBred 2200 vs. P4 2.53... hmmm.... i'd have to say P4, simply because the Athlon has no FSB advantages in this upgrade, the P4 does. There is no FSB boost, no core change, no optimizations, just size. I do believe Athlons will be more O/C'able and perform better than P4's in that situation (.13 situation, i mean) but Intel has done considerably more than AMD in the past 6 monthes to scale their product. Ill buy a TBred, simply because im a poor college student (either that or ll buy a XP2200 because the TBred release will drive down prices...)
    Im an AMD fan, and i dont just yell "Intel sux", i yell "wait until the Hammer boys..."

How much are P4 2.53's anywho?

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    How much are P4 2.53's anywho?

Can you mortgage your house for one? :laugh:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information