Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: upgrade processor on p-7811fx?

Lightbulb upgrade processor on p-7811fx?

I own a gateway p-7811fx it comes with a p8400 2.26 w/ 3mb cache i was wondering if it is worth it to buy a p9500 for 370? its 2.53 w/ 6mb cache or even a t9600 for 570 2.8 w/ 6mb cache? I dont really care about power consumption because my laptop is always plugged in and i only use it for gaming. thanks for the advice!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: upgrade processor on p-7811fx?

Only a few laptops can you change CPU's in, and that is not one of them for sure being it is a OEM

the cpu can most deffinatly be upgraded

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, so I see you can.... But with you having no real access to BIOS settings, you may run into real issues when it came to setting things up

Would be worth a shot I suppose, but if you cannot disable speedstep then you likely would not notice any difference.

Did you ever get any FSB or overclock tools to work for you we talked about in your thread a while back?

no not yet i gave up on trying to overclock i am just going to wait until they implement it in the new bios

Thread Information