Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it true?

Gimp, I think you missed the point of why he might need to replace it. Your Overclocked thunderbird is consuming somewhere in the range of 65-75 watts. If RD goes and gets an XP 2200+ it will produce FAR in excess of that amount of heat, and thats before he begins Overclocking.

speaking of heat........does anyone know why AMD has still decided not to put a heat spreader plate thingy on the core like the K6's or like Intel Processors? Instead of leaving the ever so fragile core on the processor? I'm yet to crack one but one I just might.......and why did they bring the capicitors on top of the processor on the tbred instead of leaving them on the bottom like the older xp's..

All very good questions though ya'd have to ask AMD themselves for the answers. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

You are right, it is foolish for them NOT to switch. The biggest reason I believe they have is people would start commenting about 'Look how AMD is copying intel' I think that is a dumb reason.

yea....actually the main problem y so many athlon cores were crushed was bcos of newbies not doing it rite and the really tite clips like on teh FOP38 most clips on good coolers these days are much better designed...:cheers:
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"
    Antec Trupower 380W
    3D mark2003 : 5050

pffft
    noone had it as bad as i did
    i overtightened the fan screws on one side of my now-non used PAL6045 which caused the hsf to lever off and crush the opposite, already cracked side of the core
    this also managed to fry my motherboard
    ah well
    you live, you learn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information