Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Intel Core2 Quad: Q6600 vs Q8200 - Which is better?

Cool Re: Intel Core2 Quad: Q6600 vs Q8200 - Which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Panarchy View Post

The other guy's Dong!
    Now Now, Thats not very nice. There's no need to be like that. Try and Keep Tweak Town exempt from the flame wars and crap that ruin other forums. Everyone is entilted to there opinion, and if you disagree thats fine as your entitled to yours also. Lets just all be happy and smile that Aliens from a far superior race havent came to earth and wiped us all out in order for them ever expanding population to inhabit our planet.
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Default Re: Intel Core2 Quad: Q6600 vs Q8200 - Which is better?

Well anyways, back-on-off-topic?

Moshpit... waiting for a reply!

Just get a damm I7 and be done with it.
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Well anyways, back-on-off-topic?

Moshpit... waiting for a reply!
    Sorry, I'll reread your post in the morning with my coffee and get all fired up and we'll get round 2 going then. After getting home from work tonite I played a marathon long game of the campaign in Dawn of War 2 and now it's late and I'm too sleepy to chew you up now. Rain check till tomorrow? :D
    Ci7 2600K @4.6Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper DDR3 1600/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX 580/Patriot Torqx 128/1 Tb WD Black
    Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz/EX58-UD3R/HIS Radeon HD 5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2, 2Tb WD Green
    And several other rigs...

Sure mate!

I'll be waiting!

NimrodAUS: Too expensive, what do you think of the Q9400 series?

moshpit: *bump

Not much more to really say. I cannot debate a point with you when your not even defending the point we're debating. Anarchy means NO government. Your promoting government by corporation. Your not even debating the same subject I am. Anarchy. As in, the complete absence of any form of authority. And that's what I'm against. In the complete absence of any form of authority, humanity would fall apart into chaos.

You're promoting authority by MONEY. Sorry, that's proven as a path to corruption. Your corporations will have no oversight. If they DO have the needed oversight, that's government. In fact, so are those "defense agencies". And who creates the money since no government is around to verify the financial reserves? Another company? Who's paying them? That's not anarchy as described in the dictionary or any political discourse I've read.
    Last edited by moshpit; 06-09-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    Ci7 2600K @4.6Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper DDR3 1600/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX 580/Patriot Torqx 128/1 Tb WD Black
    Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz/EX58-UD3R/HIS Radeon HD 5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2, 2Tb WD Green

I want to point something out. We've argued who the utopian is, you, or me, right?

I back my points with evidence. YOU are the utopian as proven by the Merriam-Webster dictionary. And I quote and link said proof:

anarchy - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

" an·ar·chy
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈa-nər-kē, -ˌnär-\
    Function:
    noun
    Etymology:
    Medieval Latin anarchia, from Greek, from anarchos having no ruler, from an- + archos ruler — more at arch-
    Date:

a: absence of government
    b: a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority
    c: a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government
    a: absence or denial of any authority or established order
    b: absence of order : disorder -not manicured plots but a wild anarchy of nature "

Anarchy, by nature, can only be believed in by a utopian. You THINK you believe in anarchy, therefore you ARE a utopian. I say "think" because you don't even know what the term "anarchy" really means or I wouldn't have to pull out the internationally accepted DICTIONARY to slap you with.

A realist will never believe anarchy has any chance of working in the manner described by the Webster's dictionary, section 1, line C. Since you're promoting line C specifically, but then liberally sprinkling non-anarchy in with it in the form of "defence agencies", I'd be forced to agree with said internationally accepted dictionary and catalog your ideas as decidedly utopian and little more then fantasy.

The hilarious part of this debate is, I'm actually closer to your point of view then you think. I believe in smaller government. A mostly free-trade society with minimal restriction can be a healthy and prosperous society. But without some guidelines and rules to operate within, society cannot function. Enforcement of those guidelines and rules is government. Humanity IS society. I'm not talking Hollywood society here, I'm talking humanity as an interacting whole. Leadership is a must for direction. Without direction, we die as a species because nobody will regulate pollution or shoot down asteroids or colonize other worlds. Those just arn't "profitable", day to day businesses. Governments do those things. They garuntee money based on a resource. You want COMPANIES to do that instead? Oh my!!! Talk about faith!

To round this out, let's review. Panarchy, you started this debate with the now obviously false accusation of us americans being uneducated, the following shoots that down spectacularly:

1. You accused me directly of utopianism that in fact described your own position, proven by the internationally accepted Webster's Dictionary, point 1 victory. (american's uneducated? think again, sonny...)

2. I've since also shown that I have a better grasp of the concept you're promoting then you do by your lack of understanding of the term "anarchy". Companies acting as the police of society is still government, and you then show a lack of understanding of the term "government" by promoting a term with no relevance, anarchy, with corporate police management, in complete ignorance of the mutual exclusivity of those terms, point 2, victory.

3. You promote a society where paid organizations provide security, yet fail to include HOW they're to be paid. What will be the exchange media? Money? That's printed by governments based on garuntees of a resource to back the printed money. What international group will verify this? The banks? Yeah, I think we'll pass on letting the banks print money... Point 3, victory.

4. Society direction? Any? Or none. Your way, none. My way, the stars are the future of our children. Final point that matters.

So, in the end, your accusation that started this debate has been shot down and thrown back on you, your position has been shown to have holes that a mack truck could drive through, and the debate is effectively over as I completely doubt your ability to find a way out of the contradiction you've postulated in complete ignorance of internationally accepted English terminology. Anarchy, but with "defense agencies"... Hehehehehe, talk about a real oxymoron of a concept :p

Never call me uneducated again. I'll just eat your lunch right on up, Yum ;)
    Last edited by moshpit; 06-09-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Sure mate!

I'll be waiting!

NimrodAUS: Too expensive, what do you think of the Q9400 series?
    Yeah I've been considering the quick and easy upgrade for myself to a Q9*** series CPU. I like the Q9650 as its a good clock to start from. But Any of them would still be awesome. Im just trying to find a damm Liquid cooling setup that I Like and will be quiet and do a damm good job. Quads are probably gunna make more heat than the Duals so If you want to get it up to 3's ghz or higher its going to pump some heat. Maybe hold out a little longer and see if the I7's drop cause of the new releases. Probably wont untill AMD challenge INTEL.
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Post Re: Intel Core2 Quad: Q6600 vs Q8200 - Which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
    Not much more to really say. I cannot debate a point with you when your not even defending the point we're debating. Anarchy means NO government. Your promoting government by corporation. Your not even debating the same subject I am. Anarchy. As in, the complete absence of any form of authority. And that's what I'm against. In the complete absence of any form of authority, humanity would fall apart into chaos.
    ...... we've been through this.
    The etymology of the word Anarchy is from the Greek: ἀναρχία anarchía, "without ruler", not the other [wrong] definition, "Chaos".
    To add to that, in direct reply to what you've said, Anarchy does not mean complete absence of authority. See above for a confirmation.
    You're promoting authority by MONEY. Sorry, that's proven as a path to corruption. Your corporations will have no oversight. If they DO have the needed oversight, that's government. In fact, so are those "defense agencies". And who creates the money since no government is around to verify the financial reserves? Another company? Who's paying them? That's not anarchy as described in the dictionary or any political discourse I've read.
    So Government is better than corporations?
    Why did you come to that conclusion?
    [I'll use America as an example, as it's easier for you to relate to]
    Democracy works towards short term [4 years] goals to get themselves re-elected. Or long time goals for the same outcome. Nothing risky... or that takes a long time to enact. Monarchy on the other hand...

Also, government is a forced monopoly. That is; no competition.

Corporations will pretty much always have competition.

Also, with defence agencies, what if you disagree with a big issue that the government decides on on your behalf, e.g.: going to/prolonging war?

So, concerned [non-refundable] shareholder of "the" government, what then?

With defence agencies your shares are refundable, or exchangeable at least.

The alternative... of course, is Panarchy.

Without direction, we die as a species because nobody will regulate pollution or shoot down asteroids or colonize other worlds. Those just arn't "profitable", day to day businesses. Governments do those things. They garuntee money based on a resource. You want COMPANIES to do that instead? Oh my!!! Talk about faith!
    You put so much faith into Governement. You're the utopian. So you agree with every single decision the government makes? What if you disagree, and your the minority, then what?

I don't know about you, but I'm not in favour of mob rule *cough* Democracy.

To round this out, let's review. Panarchy, you started this debate with the now obviously false accusation of us americans being uneducated
    Not just Americans... everyone who lives under a Government, without doing [or trying to do] anything about it.

. I've since also shown that I have a better grasp of the concept you're promoting then you do by your lack of understanding of the term "anarchy". Companies acting as the police of society is still government, and you then show a lack of understanding of the term "government" by promoting a term with no relevance, anarchy, with corporate police management, in complete ignorance of the mutual exclusivity of those terms, point victory.
    What are you going to say next, Anarchy isn't compatible with the Free Market?

. You promote a society where paid organizations provide security, yet fail to include HOW they're to be paid. What will be the exchange media? Money? That's printed by governments based on guarantees of a resource to back the printed money. What international group will verify this? The banks? Yeah, I think we'll pass on letting the banks print money... Point victory.
    Once again, I must claim your lack of knowledge.

Firstly, up until the early 20th century, money was printed privately [America].

Secondly, and most importantly, do you know the origin of what is currently printed, yet has no backing?

Gold. Money was just a more convenient way of carrying it around, with less risk. Receipts if you will.

Currently there is more money in circulation then Gold backing, so all our money is worthless. For more info on this there is a Rothbard article you should read.

What Has Government Done to Our Money? by Murray N. Rothbard [PDF or ASP]

4. Society direction? Any? Or none. Your way, none. My way, the stars are the future of our children. Final point that matters.
    Ever heard of a little thing called Ambition?

Money is a nice Catalyst for Ambition.

Never call me uneducated again. I'll just eat your lunch right on up, Yum ;)
    No such thing as a free lunch ;)

Panarchy
    Last edited by Panarchy; 06-11-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information