Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Intel Core2 Quad: Q6600 vs Q8200 - Which is better?

Default Re: Intel Core2 Quad: Q6600 vs Q8200 - Which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Panarchy View Post
    ...... we've been through this.

To add to that, in direct reply to what you've said, Anarchy does not mean complete absence of authority. See above for a confirmation.

So Government is better than corporations?
    Why did you come to that conclusion?
    [I'll use America as an example, as it's easier for you to relate to]
    Democracy works towards short term [4 years] goals to get themselves re-elected. Or long time goals for the same outcome. Nothing risky... or that takes a long time to enact. Monarchy on the other hand...

Also, government is a forced monopoly. That is; no competition.

Corporations will pretty much always have competition.

Also, with defence agencies, what if you disagree with a big issue that the government decides on on your behalf, e.g.: going to/prolonging war?

So, concerned [non-refundable] shareholder of "the" government, what then?

With defence agencies your shares are refundable, or exchangeable at least.

The alternative... of course, is Panarchy.

You put so much faith into Governement. You're the utopian. So you agree with every single decision the government makes? What if you disagree, and your the minority, then what?

I don't know about you, but I'm not in favour of mob rule *cough* Democracy.

Not just Americans... everyone who lives under a Government, without doing [or trying to do] anything about it.

What are you going to say next, Anarchy isn't compatible with the Free Market?

Once again, I must claim your lack of knowledge.

Firstly, up until the early 20th century, money was printed privately [America].

Secondly, and most importantly, do you know the origin of what is currently printed, yet has no backing?

Gold. Money was just a more convenient way of carrying it around, with less risk. Receipts if you will.

Currently there is more money in circulation then Gold backing, so all our money is worthless. For more info on this there is a Rothbard article you should read.

What Has Government Done to Our Money? by Murray N. Rothbard [PDF or ASP]

Ever heard of a little thing called Ambition?

Money is a nice Catalyst for Ambition.

No such thing as a free lunch ;)

Panarchy
    I'm sorry, you really DO sound like a Utopian, and now it's pretty much confirmed. You obviously do not understand the real world or even the terms your discussing. And your arguement AGAINST the Websters Dictionary definition does nothing to back you up but instead discredits your position.

Government is exactly what your promoting, just a different kind. You want something different, but you propose an alternative that is WORSE then the problem.
    When you learn what the term "government" and "anarchy" means, come back, we'll debate further. But currently, you've done nothing but demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the terms in question making further debate pointless.
    Ci7 2600K @4.6Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper DDR3 1600/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX 580/Patriot Torqx 128/1 Tb WD Black
    Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz/EX58-UD3R/HIS Radeon HD 5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2, 2Tb WD Green
    And several other rigs...

Excuse me, but did you even read the Rothbard article?

Also, read into the true definition of Anarchy, not what it has no devolved into.

Once again, I quote the etymology;
    Anarchy (from Greek: ἀναρχία anarchía, "without ruler")
    Feel free to discuss this more, once you are more intelligent.

"Without Government there wouldn't be any money!"

When you stop saying things like that, I'll start taking you seriously again.

Excuse me, but did you even read the Rothbard article?

Also, read into the true definition of Anarchy, not what it has no devolved into.

Once again, I quote the etymology;

Feel free to discuss this more, once you are more intelligent.

"Without Government there wouldn't be any money!"

When you stop saying things like that, I'll start taking you seriously again.
    Dude, do you even realize the silliness of just trading one government for another? You have no understanding of what the TERM itself means. A corporate government is still a government. You talk about my intelligence while being ignorant of the terms your debating about? What is that about? So far, I've provided solid, defined proof of your fringe, utopian outlook being unproven and unstable, and you STILL berate my intelligence while showing none of your own.

Is Rothbard an internationally accepted authority or just another social commentator? I'll take Webster's over Rothbard, any bloody day. And so will the rest of the world. As in INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED as an authority on the english language. When Rothbard's self stroking gets taken seriously by the world as an equal authority, you'll have a point. Until then, you don't. Anarchy is defined as Webster and EVERY dictionary and educational institution defines it and is agreed upon by the majority as the final say on a word's meaning. Argue with the dictionary, and your points lose validity fast, at least in any educated debates. You don't get to change the meaning of the word back to it's latin roots as a minority and force that change on the majority. No educated debate works that way.

For the record, etymology does not = definition. Etymology = origin. Since we're NOT speaking latin here, stick with the language in use or find a latin forum to debate in. Or, is your name REALLY Panarchía? That's kinda girly :p

"Panarchy" as a political goal is nothing but utopian fantasy. To call those who DON'T believe in that uneducated shows a very marxist attitude though. I get a sneaking suspicion your utopian "paradise" would get ugly really fast with people like you leading the way on it.
    Last edited by moshpit; 06-12-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    Ci7 2600K @4.6Ghz/8Gb Patriot Viper DDR3 1600/Asus Sabertooth P67/EVGA GTX 580/Patriot Torqx 128/1 Tb WD Black
    Ci7 920/6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz/EX58-UD3R/HIS Radeon HD 5870/750Gb Seagate ES.2, 2Tb WD Green

Quote Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
    For the record, etymology does not = definition. Etymology = origin. Since we're NOT speaking latin here, stick with the language in use or find a latin forum to debate in. Or, is your name REALLY Panarchía? That's kinda girly :p
    For the record, it's from Ancient Greek, and would be; πᾶν-ἀρχός

Sorry, gotta study now, I'll continue this discussion later.

Cool What I was studying for...

I'm Microsoft Certified

I'm Fallout 3 Certified
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Post Re: Intel Core2 Quad: Q6600 vs Q8200 - Which is better?

For the record, it's from Ancient Greek, and would be; πᾶν-ἀρχός

Sorry, gotta study now, I'll continue this discussion later.
    Tell ya what, I'll let ya off the hook. We're never going to agree and my goal was never to win you over to my point of view anyway. My goal is long since accomplished actually. It was to teach you a lesson about making assumptions about how educated a person is based on their system of politics only. Next time, I expect you'll think twice before calling people ignorant when you really don't know enough about them to make said assumption ;)

ROLF LMFAO. OMG people. Cant you just all play nice. ahahah
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Quote Originally Posted by NimrodAUS View Post
    ROLF LMFAO. OMG people. Cant you just all play nice. ahahah
    We were being nice. The worst name we called each other was "utopian". That's a pretty tame flame war in my book :p

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread Information