Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Variable load test

Default Variable load test

Hi,
    All load progs I seen so far seams to have full load test only, is there any load test program which can be set to something else? For example 50% load?

Default Re: Variable load test

I had the same problem when testing so I wrote a simple load testing program with variable amounts of load from 0 to 100% in steps of 10%.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/...LoadTester.zip

The type of load is very light so it won't cause the temps to go up like Prime95 or LinX testing does. You can run multiple instances of LoadTester if you have a multi core CPU and you can use the Task Manager Set Affinity... to lock it to a single core if you need to.

It's a handy testing tool for testing EIST or turbo boost on the newer i5 / i7 CPUs but is probably not too useful for anything beyond that.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks unclewebb!

You always have the greatest little tools, amazes me sometimes!

Do you have anything already made, or can you edit this to do so, that will time S3 Resume times >>

Boot time in Vista by ~mrkristins on deviantART

This is great for reboot, but will not work in resume. I have been able to edit it to put the system to sleep, but on resume the timer is not functioning. I assume due to my knowledgeable edits :) I have asked the author about it and he does not know how to change it for resume testing

It seems to take my Logitech wireless keyboard longer to boot up and become usable than it takes my computer to resume from S3 stand by.

I can't think off hand of how to measure S3 resume time but I'll give it some thought and see if I can figure something out.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Funny!!!

Yes, please do let me know if you can think of how to do it. I was able to get the script to put the system to sleep after editing this command line (Wsh.Run "cmd /c Shutdown -r -t) but on resume it would fail, using the code mentioned here >>
    S3 Sleep Via .Bat File? - Windows XP

And
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...8-d699b92e91ac

But I do not remember which one I used or a combo of both, not sure and I tossed the file.

No big deal, but it would be great if you could get it to work! Just don't spend days trying to figure it out, it would just be nice and your post here reminded me to ask if you could help

Thread Information