Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Need help on witch chipset/memory type to use with P4.

"Extreme Overclocking
    ASUS P4T533 offers impressive overclocking options to maximize your system performance" Read it at asus.com haha well i don't know, but all manufacturers brag about THEIR products... :laugh:

Yep they all do but then if they don't sell it than they don't make any money. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Do i gain any possitive things by getting "ecc" memory cause i have understood that I850E supports it...?

I didn't know that RDRAM had ECC but it will take a hit in performance though. ;)

Hmm well i'll guess that makes it, i will head for 1066 memory with ecc then.

Have a read of this first so ya know what ECC is all about and what's needed for compatibility, http://www.pcguide.com/ref/ram/errECC-c.html ;)

Ahh, so it's actually slowing the system down a little bit...
    That is how i understand it...

Yes it does and costs more too plus if the motherboard BIOS doesn't support ECC then it's just a waste of money. :smokin:

Ok, i have found a really cheap source for pc800 and i really bad would like to know if there is more then 5% difference in performance between 800 and 1066!!

:shoot3:

:p

No there is not more than a %5 difference between 1066 and 800. If you really want an i850e board i would wait until there is more than three out on the market, at the moment, the intel is the best one stock and the asus one is the best overclocking board, which doesnt say much. Also in some RDRam boards, all slots must be full, that is, you cant have any empty RIMM slots, so you need to either fill them all, or get continuity cards, anyhow, if you are getting RDRam, i suggest buying 2x64 & 2x128MB modules, so you end up with 384MB, that is about all the memory you need running RDRam. Also PC800 performs about equal w/ DDR333, if you do choose PC800, atleast you have a wider range of boards to choose from

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information