Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: burning and voltage

I'm getting a "power calibration error" when I try to burn a disk on my Liteon 24102B (7 months old, no problems before). I've tried Nero and CloneCD. Using Emtec disks, I've burned already with about 4 of these.
    When I checked Asus probe it had a 13.632 flashing in the 12v column. Are these related and is there something I can try here?

Peter B

Athlon 1800
    Asus A7V333
    256DDram
    WinXP

Asus probes are notoriously inacurate but are you windin' up with coasters? Also what is the rating of you power supply unit? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

When I try to burn it stops at 4% or a while and then gives the error. This started 2 days ago.
    The awardBIOS setup utility reports the 12+ voltage going from 13.02-13.15.
    It's an ATX case, a Hairong ATX-320WT with a sticker saying "edition for intel p4". Does any of that help?

I've had the burner 7 months and I put the system together 2 months ago. This is the first time I've noticed a problem.

I've been playing Neverwinter Nights constantly and there's been no problems running it.

Boy that is strange.... I'd like to hear the cause and solution to this... :rolleyes2 sorry I can't shed any light on the subject...

I've never heard of that brand before but even with a translator their website is totally useless to get any info out of. :(
    Really though it just may pay ya to go and buy a decent PSU (Antec, AOpen, Enermax, Topower, Super Flower, etc) as that voltage is well outside the +/-5% tollerance range. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

i get this error every now an again, try a different cd or brand

Thanks for the help.

I tried some new (cheap) CDRs and they worked. This leaves me with a pack of 50 emtec CDRs.
    I still have the voltage problem, though. How serious is this? Would a new power supply fix this? How much are they?

The system is only 2 months old and the voltage display was fine until recently. Why would this happen?

Peter B

If the PSU does not use good quality parts, its possible that you toasted a component, like a part of the regulator. It sounds like your CDRW has not suffered any long term effects, but you probably don't want to wait to replace the power supply. Spikes or generally unregulated flow could enventually fry your components, like your MB or or other peripherals.
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

I was wrong!
    The calibration error is still happening. The first disk worked but now it's stuffed again.

Let's hope a new power supply fixes it. :scream:

Peter B

Sorry, me again.
    I moved the burner to another PC and have the same problem. Do you think it can be fixed or do I need to save for a new one?:(

Peter B
    BTW how come a case cost me $50 but a power supply is $70?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information