Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    Any idea what's going on? Thanks in advance.
    What about your system and gpu temps? Are they going high? They all work together in that case. Be sure you have good air circulation.
    What type of MB are you using?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    Quote Originally Posted by artdrivers View Post
    What about your system and gpu temps? Are they going high? They all work together in that case. Be sure you have good air circulation.
    What type of MB are you using?
    I do not yet have a GPU in here - using the onboard GPU ( i believe it is a radeon HD 4200 )

    MB = gigabyte ma785gmt-ud2h

    I can't get motherboard monitor 5 to work with my mobo, I can't find it in the list so i'm guessing it's not supported.

    but according to speedfan
    temp1 : 39C
    temp2 : 34C
    temp3 : 38C
    Core: 32C

    for air circulation I have a 120mm intake at the bottom of my case, power supply on bottom of case, 120mm blowhole out the top right above the heatsink, and the heatsink fan blowing out the back of my case. I have a case fan behind my heatsink for exhaust but something is wrong with it and havn't gotten it to turn on yet (it came with the case).

    under prime95 load the temps are
    temp1: 39
    temp2: 59
    temp3: 49
    core: 60

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    FIRST Try some different monitoring software. Try HW Monitor free download is below.
    http://www.cpuid.com/download/hwmoni..._115_setup.exe
    OK What is the model number of the power supply you mentioned? Lets have a look at your Bios PC Health Statues. I am providing this template for your use. Print it go into bios and mark your bios PC Health Statues numbers on it. Then you can come back here and post them. After I have a view I may have some good suggestions for you. Please be sure to change all of them so I don't get confused.
    Code:
    PC Health Status
    Hardware Thermal Control [Enabled]
    Reset Case Open Status [Disabled]
    Case Opened No
    Vcore 1.364V
    DDR3 1.5V 1.536V
    +3.3V 3.280V
    +12V 12.048V
    Current System Temperature 38oC
    Current CPU Temperature 36oC
    Current CPU FAN Speed 1962 RPM
    Current SYSTEM FAN Speed 0 RPM
    Current NB FAN Speed 0 RPM
    CPU Warning Temperature [Disabled]
    CPU FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    SYSTEM FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    NB FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Control [Enabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Mode [Auto]
    System Smart FAN Control [Enabled]
    Last edited by artdrivers; 04-16-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Thought of something else to ad
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home


  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    Quote Originally Posted by artdrivers View Post
    OK What is the model number of the power supply you mentioned? Lets have a look at your Bios PC Health Statues. I am providing this template for your use. Print it go into bios and mark your bios PC Health Statues numbers on it. Then you can come back here and post them. After I have a view I may have some good suggestions for you. Please be sure to change all of them so I don't get confused.
    Code:
    PC Health Status
    Hardware Thermal Control [Enabled]
    Reset Case Open Status [Disabled]
    Case Opened No
    Vcore 1.364V
    DDR3 1.5V 1.536V
    +3.3V 3.280V
    +12V 12.048V
    Current System Temperature 38oC
    Current CPU Temperature 36oC
    Current CPU FAN Speed 1962 RPM
    Current SYSTEM FAN Speed 0 RPM
    Current NB FAN Speed 0 RPM
    CPU Warning Temperature [Disabled]
    CPU FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    SYSTEM FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    NB FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Control [Enabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Mode [Auto]
    System Smart FAN Control [Enabled]
    my PSU is an OCZ ModXStream-Pro 600W

    PC Health Status
    Hardware Thermal Control [Enabled]
    Reset Case Open Status [Disabled]
    Case Opened Yes
    Vcore 1.472V
    DDR3 1.5V 1.600V
    +3.3V 3.392V
    +12V 12.302V
    Current System Temperature 39C
    Current CPU Temperature 43C
    Current CPU FAN Speed 1000RPM
    Current SYSTEM FAN Speed 0 RPM
    Current NB FAN Speed 0 RPM
    CPU Warning Temperature 60C
    CPU FAN Fail Warning Enabled
    SYSTEM FAN Fail Warning Enabled
    NB FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Control [Enabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Mode [Auto]
    System Smart FAN Control [Enabled]

    Thanks for your help

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    OK for now lets disable the smart fan control. This will allow the fans to run at full speed. Also make sure your exhaust fan is hooked to System Fan1. The front fans can be hooked up direct to a 4 pin molex
    PC Health Status
    Hardware Thermal Control [Enabled]
    Reset Case Open Status [Disabled]
    Case Opened No
    Vcore 1.364V
    DDR3 1.5V 1.536V
    +3.3V 3.280V
    +12V 12.048V
    Current System Temperature 38oC
    Current CPU Temperature 36oC
    Current CPU FAN Speed 1962 RPM
    Current SYSTEM FAN Speed 0 RPM
    Current NB FAN Speed 0 RPM
    CPU Warning Temperature [Disabled]
    CPU FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    SYSTEM FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    NB FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Control [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Mode [Auto]
    System Smart FAN Control [Disabled]
    Then try it with HW monitor I updated it above with a download link for it.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    Quote Originally Posted by artdrivers View Post
    OK for now lets disable the smart fan control. This will allow the fans to run at full speed. Also make sure your exhaust fan is hooked to System Fan1. The front fans can be hooked up direct to a 4 pin molex
    PC Health Status
    Hardware Thermal Control [Enabled]
    Reset Case Open Status [Disabled]
    Case Opened No
    Vcore 1.364V
    DDR3 1.5V 1.536V
    +3.3V 3.280V
    +12V 12.048V
    Current System Temperature 38oC
    Current CPU Temperature 36oC
    Current CPU FAN Speed 1962 RPM
    Current SYSTEM FAN Speed 0 RPM
    Current NB FAN Speed 0 RPM
    CPU Warning Temperature [Disabled]
    CPU FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    SYSTEM FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    NB FAN Fail Warning [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Control [Disabled]
    CPU Smart FAN Mode [Auto]
    System Smart FAN Control [Disabled]
    Then try it with HW monitor I updated it above with a download link for it.
    because of the way my case came, i couldn't figure out how to connect the exhaust fan to the mobo. It came already pre-wired down the back and side of the case, had a molex with 2 wires and also additional wires. i'll try and mess with it later if needed, but i got the fan running. All Smart FAN settings are disabled now, all fans are running at full speed. here is HW monitor

    Hardware monitor ITE IT87
    Voltage 0 1.06 Volts [0x42] (CPU VCORE)
    Voltage 1 1.60 Volts [0x64] (VIN1)
    Voltage 2 3.39 Volts [0xD4] (+3.3V)
    Voltage 3 5.00 Volts [0xBA] (+5V)
    Voltage 4 12.42 Volts [0xC2] (+12V)
    Voltage 5 -13.63 Volts [0xD5] (-12V)
    Voltage 7 3.33 Volts [0x7C] (+5V VCCH)
    Voltage 8 3.22 Volts [0xC9] (VBAT)
    Temperature 0 37°C (98°F) [0x25] (TMPIN0)
    Temperature 1 37°C (98°F) [0x25] (TMPIN1)
    Temperature 2 39°C (102°F) [0x27] (TMPIN2)
    Fan 0 2129 RPM [0x13D] (FANIN0)

    Hardware monitor AMD Phenom II X4 965
    Temperature 0 44°C (111°F) [0x163] (Core #0)
    Temperature 1 44°C (111°F) [0x163] (Core #1)
    Temperature 3 44°C (111°F) [0x162] (Core #3)
    Temperature 2 44°C (111°F) [0x162] (Core #2)

    Hardware monitor WDC WD6401AALS-00J7B1
    Temperature 0 36°C (96°F) [0x24] (Assembly)


    Here it is under load, stopped at 60C
    Hardware monitor ITE IT87
    Voltage 0 1.06 Volts [0x42] (CPU VCORE)
    Voltage 1 1.60 Volts [0x64] (VIN1)
    Voltage 2 3.41 Volts [0xD5] (+3.3V)
    Voltage 3 5.00 Volts [0xBA] (+5V)
    Voltage 4 12.42 Volts [0xC2] (+12V)
    Voltage 5 -13.57 Volts [0xD4] (-12V)
    Voltage 7 3.39 Volts [0x7E] (+5V VCCH)
    Voltage 8 3.22 Volts [0xC9] (VBAT)
    Temperature 0 37°C (98°F) [0x25] (TMPIN0)
    Temperature 1 45°C (113°F) [0x2D] (TMPIN1)
    Temperature 2 48°C (118°F) [0x30] (TMPIN2)
    Fan 0 2129 RPM [0x13D] (FANIN0)
    Register space LPC, base address = 0x0228

    Hardware monitor AMD Phenom II X4 965
    Temperature 0 60°C (139°F) [0x1DD] (Core #0)
    Temperature 1 60°C (139°F) [0x1DD] (Core #1)
    Temperature 3 60°C (139°F) [0x1DD] (Core #3)
    Temperature 2 60°C (139°F) [0x1DD] (Core #2)

    Hardware monitor WDC WD6401AALS-00J7B1
    Temperature 0 37°C (98°F) [0x25] (Assembly)
    Last edited by chopstxnrice; 04-16-2010 at 09:37 AM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    Are those Hardware monitor temps with Prime95 running? Check for Bios Update. Their are 3 different revisions for a gigabyte ma785gmt-ud2h. (rev.1.0) (rev. 1.1) (rev. 1.3). The Bios update has to match the motherboard revision. What rev. and Bios update version do you have now. A program called CPUZ has a tab for the mainboard it tells you which bios you are currently using. Download link below.
    http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz/cpuz_154_setup.exe
    You will need to look at your motherboard to find the revision number. It is located at the lower left corner when installed in a tower. Supply this info and we can check for Bios updates.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home


  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    Quote Originally Posted by artdrivers View Post
    Are those Hardware monitor temps with Prime95 running? Check for Bios Update. Their are 3 different revisions for a gigabyte ma785gmt-ud2h. (rev.1.0) (rev. 1.1) (rev. 1.3). The Bios update has to match the motherboard revision. What rev. and Bios update version do you have now. A program called CPUZ has a tab for the mainboard it tells you which bios you are currently using. Download link below.
    http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz/cpuz_154_setup.exe
    You will need to look at your motherboard to find the revision number. It is located at the lower left corner when installed in a tower. Supply this info and we can check for Bios updates.
    the temps ~35C are idle temps, the temps at 60C are prime95 torture test all 4 cores. I just contacted thermaltake support and they said to first try removing arctic silver and using their supplied thermal paste because of the burn-in time required with arctic silver. I did that, did not change anything - went from 35C to 60C in 25 seconds. They told me to RMA it again. 3rd time's a charm?

    I will look for updates now, thanks.

    edit:
    BIOS
    Brand: Award Software International, Inc.
    Version: F3
    Date: 9/16/2009

    Model: GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Rev. 00
    Chipset: AMD 785G
    Southbridge: AMD ID439D
    LPCIO: ITE IT8718

    edit:
    revision on the physical motherboard says 1.0

    i found the website with the bios updates for 1.0
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=3156
    which update should i download, and will this make any kind of difference? none of the descriptions seem to mention anything about temperature monitors or anything relevant. thanks for your help.
    Last edited by chopstxnrice; 04-17-2010 at 08:07 AM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    No if the cpu temp is that high with the smart fan controls disabled. The bios update probably won't help. Although you may want to update to the latest BIOS anyway. A good heatsink and fans are a must when running torture tests. It could be the cpu. Not all of them run at the same temp. The AMD PhenomII x4 965 makes 2 different ones. Which one are you running? The motherboard you have only fully supports the 125Watt (HDZ965FBK4DGM). click and Scroll down below to see the supported CPU list. http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...ProductID=3156
    Lets find out which one you are using. Below is the AMD sight that shows the 2 in comparison.
    Compare AMD Processors for Desktops: AMD Phenom™, AMD Athlon™ FX, AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core, AMD Athlon™, and AMD Sempron™ Processor
    Last edited by artdrivers; 04-17-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Phenom II X4 965 owners, post temps here

    Quote Originally Posted by artdrivers View Post
    No if the cpu temp is that high with the smart fan controls disabled. The bios update probably won't help. Although you may want to update to the latest BIOS anyway. A good heatsink and fans are a must when running torture tests. It could be the cpu. Not all of them run at the same temp. The AMD PhenomII x4 965 makes 2 different ones. Which one are you running? The motherboard you have only fully supports the 125Watt (HDZ965FBK4DGM). click and Scroll down below to see the supported CPU list. GA-MA785GMT-UD2H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List
    Lets find out which one you are using. Below is the AMD sight that shows the 2 in comparison.
    Compare AMD Processors for Desktops: AMD Phenom™, AMD Athlon™ FX, AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core, AMD Athlon™, and AMD Sempron™ Processor

    woah. i did not know that my mobo only supports the 125watt version. I have the 140watt version. revision C2. What should i do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •