Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amd Hammer Socket?

Will the new AMD hammer be based on Socket A or a totally new design. Or does anyone even know?

I've seen a pic of AMD's socket 748 (or something?) that could be for it, makes sense.
    There is a whole lota pins on that thing.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Are they gonna do what Intel did? A much smaller socket but a pin at ever like half millimeter or something? Or is it gonna be like an extra large thing.

Here's a pic of the "Clawhammer" and the size and HSF setup will be similar to Intel's P4. ;)
    Also this should be in the AMD forum so I'll move it over there. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

well nvidia's new nforce2 motherboards supposedly are all about the athlon k8 series - does it really have all those pins?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P4 1.8 w/256 L2 cache
    D845bg w/512 mb DDR pc2100
    Gforce4 Ti4400
    Western Digital 100 Gb Hard Drive W/2mb Cache
    Creative Audigy EAX / DD 5.1 - Inspire 5300 Surround Speakers
    Twin View Enabled:
    NEC 19' Flat display monitor + 15' Flat display monitor + tv out

Is that a metal plate on the core? I thought I'd never see the day.....

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the C'Hammer supports both 32 & 64 Bit OS. That in part explains the increase in pin density.:hammer:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

[b]well nvidia's new nforce2 motherboards supposedly are all about the athlon k8 series - does it really have all those pins?
    Yes Nervagent55 that chipset is supose to support "Clawhammer" but it will have a different socket setup to what's used for the present Athlon/Duron one plus the memory controller would have to be dropped, disabled or modified as "Clawhammer" has an inbuilt one. ;)
    [b]Is that a metal plate on the core? I thought I'd never see the day.....
    Yes RD the heat spredder will be there this time. :thumb:

They did it for the K6 family I'm not sure about the K5 though I never had one. Why did they decide to lose the metal plate for the K7 familiy?

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    JM[/size]]
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the C'Hammer supports both 32 & 64 Bit OS. That in part explains the increase in pin density.:hammer:
    Yes it will support both types and unlike Intel's Itanium it won't take a performance hit to do it which is why Intel is now workin' flat out on "Yamhill". :laugh:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information