Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooked?

at present Im looking for a way to up voltages. upgrading bios as soon as pages print for flahing,Hope that will allow me to adjust voltages I have hit the wall with FSB tweak see ya later Thank You Gryphyn Do I install all the bios upgrades or just the latest version?

It is only necessary to FLASH to the latest version. It will include all updates previously released. But since you have an ECS mainboard, I wish you luck in finding a voltage setting. These boards were designed for the OEM and don't really tweak all that well.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Nope since I have win2k I am unable to make a boot disc to use their flash program I guess I will wait till I build new system :: this system not even 6 mos old build my own Bday in 2 tweeks 18th hope its up by then Thank You Gryphyn :snip:

Just download a 98 bootdisk from here, http://dos.li5.org/ (at bottom of page), save to disk then unpack it to a floppy. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

When you say adjusting FSB, by how much did you adjust it?

been clocking 133 x 8.5 = 1.13g for 2-3 days since my bios only allows preset speeds I changed to 150 x 8 =1.2g I wish I could do more to my board but thats the max. I can push it for now. I have attempted to upgrade bios but flash doesnt recognize source file. Celeron 533mhz o/cing to 1.13g I want more before I upgrade. (Typical H/perf.mechanic)

Unless you got your hands on an evaluation CPU with Intel CPU's like yours the multiplier is locked and can't be changed. The FSB is the only thing you can work with. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information