Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooked?

After adjusting FSB in bios upon reboot it didnt! Nothing Nada llight stays on monitor appears to be in sleep mode,drives dont start. I attempted boot disc to no avail. running celeron P6C (coppermine 128),20 g fireball,52x lite on CD, win2k, ECS P6STM mobo w/SiS630,award bios 4/25/2001. system is flashable can I flash bios to restart? WIN2k OS

The processor wouldn't have been fired. Just consider this your computers defence mechanism to when you overclock your processor too far - it'll just give you a blank screen instead of booting up, and frying the processor.

Try resetting your BIOS to defaults, look in your motherboard manual for details.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Im unable to get to bios on startup I am reading through manual from download site so far no info on starting.

You don't need to. Look through your manual or online for the right jumper on your motherboard to change.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

this seems silly but I cant find my adobe disc to load in this system and adobe site is not co-operating tonight

Yup, just reset the CMOS. Use the JP1 jumper.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Try this link, http://download.com.com/3001-2378-8338119.html ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks everyone for the help fix it in the morning good night Gryphyn

all feexed thank you

Yep... I've had to do that any number of times. What happened was your motherboard couldn't run the system at the settings you chose. It locked everything down so that it wouldn't do any permanent damage to the processor or peripherals. By resetting the CMOS jumper, it takes the settings back to factory default.

But don't let this discourage you. Just take a smaller bite out of the FSB next time you raise the limits. It will take a bit of trial and error, but in time you will be able to find the best speed for your system to run smoothly.

Something else to consider... if you have good cooling in place, then raising the voltage of the processor core can help you hit higher FSB speeds. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information