Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the best CPU for gaming?

Default Re: What's the best CPU for gaming?

<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } --> </style>

In gaming computer you can use nvidia GeForce GTX 480 and intel Desktop Board DP55KG use. You can use 4 GB ram for gmaing pupose.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathViperX View Post
    AMD typically is better for gaming.... most games are GPU based not CPU aided so you don't need the CPU I have....
    That is a very important point: not all games are bottlenecked by the same resource. Some are GPU-intensive. Some are threaded. Some are not.

i agree with atdrivers

Arty is offline Junior Member

[QUOTE=BlaqZer0;340975]The question is plain and simple and it's probably been asked a thousand times; "Whats the best CPU out now for gaming?"

...QUOTE]

Have you built your system yet?

Whats the best CPU out now for gaming
    That would depend on your motherboard and memory, GPU and PSU.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Quote Originally Posted by BlaqZer0 View Post
    The question is plain and simple and it's probably been asked a thousand times; "Whats the best CPU out now for gaming?"

I've started this thread on Tomshardware.com but the question was never really answered. My budget for this build is pretty high, but at the same time I don't want to spend 1000 bucks on a processor. I would greatly appreciate the info. And before everyone gets started I am the biggest noob in this forum.
    Have you checked their monthly Gaming CPU guide?

Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: May 2010 : May Updates

3000-4000 is a joke. u dont need to pay more then 1k tops. idk what your looking at. Go with the I7 or the new amd x6 if you want a good gaming machine. Then go with over 4 gigs of ram good heatsink and fan. Go with a corsair psu or maybe ocz. Dual core might be better in gaming. Its really the video card that matters. I just built an i3 machine for 420 off newegg with built in i3 video i have the 530 the video is good for regular browsing and java games but wont be good for intense games. dont get the i5. Amd and intel are good but intel runs cooler

Quote Originally Posted by pimpmypc View Post
    3000-4000 is a joke. u dont need to pay more then 1k tops. idk what your looking at. Go with the I7 or the new amd x6 if you want a good gaming machine. Then go with over 4 gigs of ram good heatsink and fan. Go with a corsair psu or maybe ocz. Dual core might be better in gaming. Its really the video card that matters. I just built an i3 machine for 420 off newegg with built in i3 video i have the 530 the video is good for regular browsing and java games but wont be good for intense games. dont get the i5. Amd and intel are good but intel runs cooler
    I was going to use the 530 in my latest build but went with the AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Processor & Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard Bundle Combo for $284.99 at Frys online. I also purchased the 8GB Corsair 1333mhz DDR3 Dominator kit with heatsinks and fans that work great with it.

If you want to spend a lot on a pc, the i7 cpus are a bit faster than the Phenoms in cpu demanding games. I would get three 24" monitors to go with your two 5970, a big SSD drive, and an i7 930 overclocked to 4.0GHz, enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information