Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bent pins on new althon xp 2000+

I was going to take it back to the store but turns out they're closed on Sundays. I picked an 80GB HD at another store and the store owner fixed the bent pins for free though I heard his wife shout "5 dollars". :)

Quote Originally Posted by airman3_16
    I bought an Althon 2000+ and a pin on the bottom was bent. Should I return it asap or if I straighten the pin will it work?

NOW THAT IS WIERD! I had a bent pin on MY retail athlon xp 2000, but the guy working on my motherboard just bent it back to its original position and it works great! Wonder if more pins are bent on AMD processors.....and here I thought that this was just an isolated incident!

I've seen plenty of bent pins on Intel ones too. :D

It happens now and again and is usually caused by handlin' durin' the shipping of them. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by webe3

NOW THAT IS WIERD! I had a bent pin on MY retail athlon xp 2000, but the guy working on my motherboard just bent it back to its original position and it works great! Wonder if more pins are bent on AMD processors.....and here I thought that this was just an isolated incident!

Hmmmmm......I wonder if placing them (the pins) into styrofoam would help keep them from being bent???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information