Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMD is working on a new speed testing method

Well you are probably right, AMD will beat the living **** out of all the new ****ty crap p4 INTEL Processors who can't perform ****... 533 fsb or not...

lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Your comments make me want to say INTEL RULES but I won't. AMD needs to win this thing fairly & it looks like they may soon be able to do it legitimately.

Intel will always rule in my opinion, but you've got that right,
    let's hope they make it... For once...

:cool:

It seems that the benchmarks are constantly being assailed as unfair to one over the other. I feel that some of the differences are just showing where each processor excells. AMD has a definate advantage in some applications that all of "Intel's speed" can't touch.

Well it was reported in PCWorld that there is a class action lawsuit against Intel for their performance claims on the P4.

I think they may very well have a case on the old Williamette core.

And Ace'sHardware.com, Realworld.com, are getting hot-n-heavy in their discussions about fraudulent representations in BAPC0's benchmarks as detailed by long-time AMD supporter Van on Van's Hardware.com. Since AMD joined BAPCO they have reportedly been able to delve in the underpinnings of the benchmark to determine some interesting judgements made about the "selective" criteria used.

I've always found the people over at Realworld to be fair in their analysis, so what they have had to say on this matter has merit.

Van has been touting COSBI for a while now to try to devise a platform independent fairer minded benchmark. It's not comprehensive but probably a step in the right direction....

There is so much money involved in this race that it may be difficult to keep in unbiased.

Without a doubt. The multi-billion dollar fab investments are frightenly scary. Just look at Intel. They implemented "Northwood" on the .13 micron process, and already the are rapidly moving to push their product lines into the .09 micron process.

Still, I would like some honesty in benchmarks. Sure a company will always "puff" its products with marketing hype. I don't blame them for this.

But I don't want outright fraud being perpetuated. No matter the company. With all the corporate scandals in the news recently, this will only further alienate consumer confidence.

And the economy is solely driven by consumer confidence...

If we don't believe in the bench marks, it will have a negative effect on both chip makers.

True. Intel is very foolish in their approach if these allegations are proven to be true. It is in every chipmaker's interest to want a fair and objective benchmark.

That is why I read the numerous sources on the web for reviews. The more benchmarks used to test a system the better. I want to know what the particular strengths and weakness of each product are. That is how a consumer makes an informed decision on which platform best fits in with their usage needs.

I hope everyone gets on the same page and presses the industry to create an good objective benchmark everyone can trust. Until then, we'll continue to have to use the numerous benchmarks out there to try to keep the field honest.

More than likely, this will always be the case. But if the allegations against BAPCO are proven true. Then they will be forever discredited in my mind. AMD probably doesn't want to hear that because they are now a member and are trying to bring about some reform.

But, then the concerns about a duopoly may very well be raised. How well will other chipmakers products be represented in the formulation of the criteria used to make up the benchmark? So you see, the suspicion of colusion will always linger....

When you read that certain applications (as opposed to benchmarks) have been fine tuned for one chip or the other, do you think there might be at least a mini conspiracy there to favor one chip over the other?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information