Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overheating AMD Phenom 1055t 48-65c Idle- Please Help !

Default Overheating AMD Phenom 1055t 48-65c Idle- Please Help !

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> CPU- AMD phenom 1055T
    Motherboard- Asus M4A88T-M
    Cooler- Scythe Shuriken Rev.B SCSK-1100
    Case- Silverstone LC17
    Thermal Paste- Arctic silver 5

I have recently built my computer and much like the previouse Intel QX6700 and the Pentium 4 itís running way too hot at idle (with a decent cooler too). Itís not the ambient temperature because itís winter right now (the CPU temperature was 50c with the case lid on and 48c with it off). I decided to check to see if I was applying the thermal paste properly (I used to use the zalman thermal paste and realize that I was spreading it too thick) so I used arctic silver cleaning solutions (wiping it off with kitchen towel- though some on the edges couldnít be removed) and then used a small bb sized dollop in the middle (as is advised) and put the CPU cooler back on only tio find that the temperature started at 31c and after 30mins rose to 65c (after which I got bored of watching it increase further). The temperature is being measured by the bios hardware monitor (as I have not yet installed the O/S). With the previous CPUís I already tried replacing the other components (including the CPU cooler) and it changed nothing and the CPU is definitely installed correctly (the fans are at max speed). Iím too afraid to spend lots of money on my computers these days (as the previous one cost £2500 in total and encountered other additional mysterious problems) and have never been able to really overclock any machines. I know that computers can make up some stupid random problems from time to time or perhaps Iím just cursed, but this is all unlikely.
    If the temperature is still really high even with the case lid off and x2 80mm exhaust fans blowing right next to the cpu heatsink then itís obviously nothing to do with space or obstruction. I used an antistatic wristband when handling all components and none of them got battered. The mobo temperature starts at 23c and ends on 48c (again slightly more of a problem this time round).

Iíd like some suggestions on what to try or if needs be advise on who to see or what shops/businesses to take it to have someone else look it over (Iím not afraid to pay £50 if it means having this problem sorted and having the cause explained to me- I live in the UK by the way).

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...omputer/A6.jpg
    http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...omputer/A5.jpg

Default Re: Overheating AMD Phenom 1055t 48-65c Idle- Please Help !

Have you tried to clear your cmos to ensure that your CPU is running at its default voltages.

Also, do make sure that the heatsink is securely in place (I know you have already). Maybe even try a different thermal paste.

I am a computer technician and could have a look at it for you. I work around Worcestershire so If you live around that area I can help if you want. I would only charge you £30 if I fix it, and I am no fix no fee. Click the link in my sig if you want to know more about my services.
    Last edited by Hud-Tech; 01-26-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Default Re: Overheating AMD Phenom 1055t 48-65c Idle- Please Help !

Also, have you checked that you CPU coolers fan is blowing in the right direction.

Thread Information