Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP I think i killed xp2200

I tried to unlock xp2200 and now board will not start get yellow light on board then green light when i power up greenlight goes out no fans nothing tried to undo but still the same thing... how can I tell if the board is ok without a new cpu to try???
    I have a AT7 Abit board..

Are those lights some kind of diagnostic pattern? Does your board beep at all? Usually it'll beep if a CPU is not detected or ram is not detected. But the CPU is there regardless of it being borken or not.

I get nothing no beeps no fans nothing can you power up a board with ot cpu .what can I do to trouble shoot dont have a spare cpu or board. Very upset everything worked great till i tried the unlock cleaned cpu well still no go.

I looked in book not a word about lights yellow on when power is pluged in green will flash then fans jerk then only yellow light.

Check to be sure that when you re-connected the cpu fan, you connected it to the proper motherboard connector. Many mobos won't start if they don't detect cpu fan rpm.

Will try again cleaned chip well double checked every thing still no go not even a beep what are the chances that cpu is dead? Can you power up board without cpu how can I tell if board is still good if I need a new cpu? Please help getting scared I just blew a lot of money.

Still no luck what should i try now short of buying new chip for my at7

Newer ABiT boards don't have beeps just lights...even tho the dianostic pattern is no where to be found...how did you unlock your cpu?
    - Damien

:cry: o dear sounds like its a dead cpu m8 as was said earlyer make sure fan is in cpu 1 , i know how p';ed off u feel i did that with a cpu in the days of the 1,6 do u still need to cut the little metal jumpers so i learned by my mistake and now got a nice 2000+ clocked a bit with a gas cooler so i got all the cpu speed i need lol
    please sign up @ my forum
    http://www.wwwwol-forum.com/
    thank you so much

You can't check the mobo without cpu, cpu fan, ram, and vid card. Leave any of these out and you can't boot (if any are bad, you can't boot - kind of a circle, huh). You will need either a test machine with a known to be good mobo to test the components, or some known to be good components to test the mobo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information