Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 333 FBS Athlons 2700+ & 2800+

Alot of those reviews that didn't use the nForce2 board (mainly 2700+ reviews) used the EPoX 8K3A+ without a problem and so long as "Barton" doesn't bring another FSB increase then any manufacturer that supported the proper AGP/PCI dividers with their KT333 boards will still work with them. ;)
    I'm sorry for those with 8KHA+ boards though. Even though there's a BIOS that also supports those same dividers there is a power issue that will likely stop ya's from gettin' one of these 166MHz babies to work. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

How about my KX7-333R WiGGo?...that should be able to support it, right?: peace2:
    - Damien

Yes it should as Abit I do believe support those dividers too though I believe that a couple of early MSI boards will miss out unless a BIOS fix is released for them (unless the prob lays with a design flaw) but what the models are I can't say but MSI wern't the only ones who did this but all the latest ones shouldn't have a problem. :smokin:

Cool Wiggo, thanx...

It looks just like the 2200's
    - Damien

pdv, if you look at some of those charts from the reviews the 2200+ system was actually getting around the same marks as the ddr266 p4 2.53 system. Yes I know that most Pentium systems will have Pc-800 or 1066 RAM but the AMD IMHO will kick any pentiums arse any day of the week and twice on saturday. BTW how much is that little P4 2.53 gonna cost ya? I know for a fact you can get the 2200+ for under $150. How much would that save? And think of the other upgrades you could get with the difference?

Anyway doesnt really matter

-PGA1234
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

I will have to aggree with you PGA...just on savings alone its worth a look and on top of that it OwnZ Intel...like a dog...i think thats great.:thumb:

PDV if you have if you have waited this long might as well wait a bit longer to get a system that rocks...I know my 2000+ i have now will be replacing my Intel p3 and is gonna be replaced by a 2800+...when its available...good thing i went ahead and got me the KT333...woot!
    - Damien

heh, nothing wrong with amd but actually it was quite hard to find any non oc amd machines out there that performed as my intel comp when it come to pure benchmarks like pcmark or 3dmark. Conesidering that i used only the 2.26 ghz processor with 256 mb mem at that time i really don't think we even need to bring up the 2.53 or higher ones for this debate...
    Not to mention how bad they can handle oc.

Sure it is more expensive, the 2.26 version now costs around
    250 us$ and the 2.53 around 320 us$. The 2200+ will have a really hard time beating anyone of theese exept when used with ****ty 266 ddr of course. It is a proven fact...

But why in hell does anyone run 266 ddr in a comp like that anyway? Don't bring that up cause it is just pure dumb.
    It is as silly as if you xp owners should run sdram 133 in your comps just to save some bucks...

:devil win

Next year amd may just catch up with Intel or maybe even beat them and be the new leader in this insane computer development. But we are not there yet...

That's ok, some of us would rather have a few extra $'s for other things. :D

Yes of course it is good to save some money but the ques was about performance and whitch choise who was best for that mather :)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information