Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 333 FBS Athlons 2700+ & 2800+

Reasonable performance at a good price will do me so long as it does my every day tasks that's all that matters. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    heh, nothing wrong with amd but actually it was quite hard to find any non oc amd machines out there that performed as my intel comp when it come to pure benchmarks like pcmark or 3dmark.
    Exhibit A)
    http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/02...s/image033.gif

Exhibit B)
    http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/02...s/image029.gif

C)
    http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/02...s/image020.gif

D)
    http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/02...s/image022.gif
    * All images courtesy of Tom's Hardware

I could go on, but I won't. I believe these all show a 2200+ XP outperforming a P4 2.26Ghz, as you yourself said it was difficult to find. These are using identical set ups where possible, to make the comparison as accurate as possible. You'll also note the new 2700 and 2800 Athlons performing rather well...

Please try not to put your foot in your mouth so far next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy

I could go on, but I won't. I believe these all show a 2200+ XP outperforming a P4 2.26Ghz, as you yourself said it was difficult to find. These are using identical set ups where possible, to make the comparison as accurate as possible. You'll also note the new 2700 and 2800 Athlons performing rather well...

Please try not to put your foot in your mouth so far next time.
    Thats what i was thinking 2200+ is a 1.8 outperforming a 2.26...ummm thats pretty good in the performance department to me...and don't even mention the 2800+ it just ownz....
    - Damien

Well you know clock speed isnt all that matters. That is a big problem nowadays. The 2200+ is supposed to be equivelent to a 2.2ghz p4. A 2800+ is supposed to be equivelent to a 2.8 P4. But they do not always hit there mark. But I would never buy a Pentium again. AMD's are by far superior.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by pga1234
    Well you know clock speed isnt all that matters. That is a big problem nowadays. The 2200+ is supposed to be equivelent to a 2.2ghz p4. A 2800+ is supposed to be equivelent to a 2.8 P4. But they do not always hit there mark. But I would never buy a Pentium again. AMD's are by far superior.
    Umm yea i know...:p
    - Damien

I'm sure you know my post wasnt really directed towards you :P. :cry:

Beefy Guest

WRONG. It's a common misconception, but the 2200+ / 2800 + is actually not a comparison to any Intel chips. It's a comparison to the older Thunderbird chips from AMD. Due to the improvements they made on the XP range, they couldn't keep going on the old Mhz rating, because an XP would outperform a T-bird at the same clock speed... so they devised the whole + system to compare to the earlier models...

I'm sure you know my post wasnt really directed towards you :P. :cry:
    Umm yea i know...:p

Thats why i took out the sarcasm tongue out at you ^
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    WRONG. It's a common misconception, but the 2200+ / 2800 + is actually not a comparison to any Intel chips. It's a comparison to the older Thunderbird chips from AMD. Due to the improvements they made on the XP range, they couldn't keep going on the old Mhz rating, because an XP would outperform a T-bird at the same clock speed... so they devised the whole + system to compare to the earlier models...
    Learn something new everyday...thx for the info Beefy:)
    - Damien

But I found my info on the AMD website.... I will see if I can find the link.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information