Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 333 FBS Athlons 2700+ & 2800+

Beefy Guest

they are both good at different things, so you'll never always see one winner. And like people say, you can't base everything on the clock speed, or amd's speed equivalency thing... :) There's other factors involved.

its like trying to compare fords and holdens

*oh no ive strated another argument there*
    "make something idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot...."

Help solve the gene mystery join us at the TweakTown Folding@home Team

A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks. - taken from red dwarf

Fords RULE! umm wait oh nevermind I'll shutup now.

Beefy- :p Amd's are better than Pentiums or any Intel chip for that matter :p.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pga1234
    Beefy- :p Amd's are better than Pentiums or any Intel chip for that matter :p.
    You're just another AMD fanboy though.. :) You can't just say 'AMD is better'....

Sure I can. AMD is better. See I just did it again. :p

But really I have been reading reviews and talking to owners of Pentiums and AMD's. But the price difference ALONE would make me buy AMD over Pentium chips.

Thats just factor that makes it more attracting...to the consumer.
    I am not bias but i do perfer AMD's right now...but if pentium can be better than we have to be fair...i mean thats what lowers the prices competition.If pentium brings out a literally a better chip not just "a higher clock speed" and its affordable then i would buy one if i needed one. I won't just stick to AMD just because i am a fan of them. I buy and use what i need and want,

I just believe that atm AMD even though they were a bit slow in getting there; are doing a fine job in suppling us with great chips with oustanding performance and pricing.
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    Thats just factor that makes it more attracting...to the consumer.
    I am not bias but i do perfer AMD's right now...but if pentium can be better than we have to be fair...i mean thats what lowers the prices competition.If pentium brings out a literally a better chip not just "a higher clock speed" and its affordable then i would buy one if i needed one. I won't just stick to AMD just because i am a fan of them. I buy and use what i need and want,

I just believe that atm AMD even though they were a bit slow in getting there; are doing a fine job in suppling us with great chips with oustanding performance and pricing.
    I agree with every word.

Beefy Guest

Each to their own. For a home PC, I won't go past AMD. HOWEVER, when you look after 100+ workstations at work, I must say that P4's make life a lot easier...

True, True, beefy. But I am not going to be using a server. I just want a good proc for a home PC and.... AMD is my choice.

Beefy Guest

i never said anything about a server. I'm talking the computers that sit on people's desks and they use...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information