Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 333 FBS Athlons 2700+ & 2800+

Blah ok whatever. I misread what you said, I am tired :p.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

hmm i just said that when it came to different benchmarks and stuff no amd xp2200 i ever saw has performed better than the new p4 comps, !!USING RDRAM 1066!!, whitch it ment to be...
    Can you really tell me that any xp comp could outperform one of those system with that mem?? I assume that in those tests you've seen they used the ddr or pc-800 mem, witch really, is not a smart thing to do if you want to squeeze out 100% performance. For example, has a 1,8 ghx xp2200+ not oc ever performed over 13.000 in the simple 3dmark 2001se using the ti4600?? I think not...
    Intel performs that at the speed of 2.26 ghz, so why even bother to bring up their faster cpu's for discussion, can someone please explain this to me? I know this is'nt a really neccessery subject to discuss but i don't realize why some people has so hard to se something and accept it, i for sure will be the first one to clap my hands and congratulate amd when and if they start to go past Intel in performance, damn it this is not a war stop talk like you where ready to kill me or something... :)

And please don't forget the mem issue i mentioned because that is why some people get confused with some performance measurement...
    ;)

That maybe so but 1 x 512MB stick of Corsair XMS-3200 C2 is $387aus atm while 2 x 256MB sticks of PC1066 is $594aus. Now that plus the added cost of the P4 itself ($100aus in my case) makes very little economic sence to a lot of us in our everyday use. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

heh se your point, but here in sweden 2x256 mb Kingston
    pc-1066 costs about 335-340 us$ and the thing i wanted to enlight was the pure performance difference.

:)

So long as it does the job I ask of it then it's good enough for me and to be off this old K6-3+ setup is long overdue. ;)

l was curious what the price diff is between the P4 2.53 and the AMD 2200+ In a system

lt worked out at$188.46

Retail cpu's
    p4 2.53............................AMD 2200+
    XMS3200 Corsair............. "" ""
    BD7-ll...............................KX7 333
    Leadtech Ti 4200 128...... "" ""
    WD 800 JW 8mb............... "" ""

These were the goodies used l think they represent a solid base for a reasonable system of comparison.
    Prices from www.razorprices.com
    Extra cooling would reduce this diff even more
    With the 2.53 performance, c00lness and quiteness l think l will stay with the P4 atm it is worth the $188.46 to me.
    But by Xmas who knows what l will buy. lt is fun in the mean time window shopping
    Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you are tired and work when you have to!

Gee I done alright. :D

I got my 2200+ for $25aus less than the lowest price on RazorPrices. Oh and I based my estimation on a 2.4B P4 btw. ;)

I have not had the time to dig this up until now, sorry for that.

"We can't repeat it often enough: only in conjunction with high-speed RDRAM memory (PC1066) is the Pentium 4 able to perform optimally. This does not mean, however, that DDR400 memory is not qualified at all, a fact which has been proven by previous tests. Even a platform with the Intel 845G chipset and fast DDR333 memory (CL2) can stand its ground in many disciplines against a system with normal RDRAM memory (PC800). Yet when RDRAM with 533 MHz (PC1066) or even 600 MHz (PC1200) is deployed, the ways part.

For the time being, DDR memory simply cannot hold its own - the RDRAM platform is always ahead. For this reason, we also tested all P4 processors with the fastest configuration - otherwise it would beg the question of why we would deliberately throttle a 3.6 GHz P4 by using DDR333 or DDR400 with single storage technology."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The two benchmark suites SiSoft Memory and PC Mark 2002 Memory give clues to the performance of the memory interface. For this, we compared the Pentium 4/2533 with the fastest Athlon XP 2600+ - each on different but comparable platforms equipped with identical peripherals.

The SiSoft test shows that DDR333 memory is marginally slower than 400 MHz RDRAM memory (PC800). The outcome is different with the PC Mark 2002: here, the P4's DDR platform even outstrips the RDRAM system. As before, the RDRAM platform with its 533 MHz memory clock speed is still unmatched, this system winning by a length in every test.

"Even with the fastest DDR333 memory (CL2), the AMD Athlon XP 2600+ doesn't quite reach the performance of an optimally configured DDR-based P4 system."

My source was Tomshardware.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Gee I done alright. :D

I got my 2200+ for aus less than the lowest price on RazorPrices. Oh and I based my estimation on a 2.4B P4 btw. ;)
    $300? Who from :confused:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information