Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 333 FBS Athlons 2700+ & 2800+

October the 1st is repotred to be the release date
    for AMD'S new cpu's according to the Inquirer
    About time to, all the AMD followers will be able to have an
    early Christmas
    Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you are tired and work when you have to!

you serious...kick ass if thats a fact!

I have one question though; My KX7 has a 333FSB support and i use 333 Samsung mem. You think with just a bios flash i pop a 2800+ or so?:?:
    - Damien

I surely hope so they have delayed these things enough!

yeah it would be nice.

Most KT333 and some KT266A based motherboards with a BIOS flash will support these CPU's as well as the coming 512MB L2 cache "Barton". ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

well considering that the KT333 and the KT266A are virtually the same thing I would kind of expect that. However on the AMD recommended list it says my board does NOT support thouroughbred. Yet the EPOX recommended list does? Which do I go by? I would assume the epox one being they made the board they know what it can do. Then again I have had plenty of boards that weren't on "the list" and they worked fine. Also I don't think that list really means much cause some of the worst boards out there such as the ones my dad has (shuttle AK31) is like the worst board out there AND ITS ON THE LIST!! I wonder if my board will support barton. :rolleyes2

Well this is great news, considering I just purchaed a MSI KT3 (KT333) motherboard a month ago...so I am looking forward to the increased FSB performance. I wonder if the bios flash will have any performance difference for the Older XP's...
    | AMD XP 1800+ | MSI KT3 Ultra KT333 | 512 mb Crucial PC2700 | Hercules 3D Prophet 8500 128mb |
    | 40 GB Maxtor HD | 30 GB WD HD | Lian-Li PC60 Modded Case | SK6 Heatsink | FastAccess DSL |
    | Windows XP Home SP1 | Mandrake Linux 9.0 |

Who is foward planning for AMD

333 FBS 2700 and 2800+ October 1

Paper release of 2400 & 2600+ these will have to be discounted before they even ship, g00d for end users, but not for the company.
    I know they have to stay in the "race"......but if you are coming second do your best until you catch up. Why make excuses along the way "paper releases".
    These paper releases must of cost AMD dearly
    October the 1st is g00d news..........will this be another form of paper release?
    Apparently OEM's will not have the chip until sometime after this date.
    The Christmas boom sale time is fast approaching
    AMD get it right this time, the computing worlds "hip pocket" needs you to, as l'm certain so does the Company
    Eat when you are hungry, drink when you are thirsty, sleep when you are tired and work when you have to!

But when are the 2600 and 2400+ coming out??
    I still havent seen any in stores yet and it's almost October!!

However on the AMD recommended list it says my board does NOT support thouroughbred. Yet the EPOX recommended list does?
    Didn't AMD use an Epox motherboard to benchmark the CPU!?
    In that case I think you can safely say the Epox board will support the CPU :laugh:

Click here

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information