Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amd XP 2200 Freezes Randomly

How many case fans does he have? Because if the Volcano 7+ is circulating hot air around it probably won't help out too much.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by aggr3ssor
    Specs:
    amd2200xp
    asus a7s333 mobo / sis 745 Chipset
    256 ddr 333 ram
    100 gig HD

Well it just likes to lock up whenever it pleases and its
    almosts different amounts of time of use.
    It will lock at Idle, in games, and small programs.
    If anyone can help Id much appreciate it.

Heres my temps and power :

300w

Asus Aprobe says:
    CPU: 52c
    MainB:42

Hardware sensor prog says:
    CPU:42 C
    MAINB:52 C
    Those temps do seem high for a non-Oced proc.
    Here's what mine did with an Alpha 8045 and a nice quiet 52CFM fan ...right about the same as yours...but running a bit faster and with more VCore ;)

P4B533 / Sintel 2.53@3000Mhz

14973 3DMark Compare

8K5A2+ / AXP 2400+@2340

14188 3DMark Compare

KJY9's Rigs

"Pluralism breeds ignorance....whose end is eternal death"

These guy's seem to know thier AMD stuff. And if'n it is the heat (proc. or case). I would like to suggest an alternative that I had to learn the hard way.
    If you take the case cover off altogether and add to the open side of your case, a large duct Air Filter(kind used for large heating and cooling units. It's extremely cheap ($1.50) for any of the sizes. And works excellent!! (CPU 170degrees->109degrees)
    It is unlikely that you'll find one the same exact size as your case side opening, so you'll want to dig up some old and if possible large sissors to cut out what you need.
    Masking tape is what is use to seal it tight to my case, but is tucked down and away from main view so who cares. However if you're looking for cool don't think this would be satisfactory. Got a good imagination? If you dicided on somthing like this it would be intresting to see what you came up with.
    Anyways the rest of any openings below, back, top, and otherside could be taped shut or fitted with the same filter materal. Done both and got an extra drop of 3 degrees with the filter, but took the tape approach (easier to maintain,and no worries) Filters are located in your Fred Meyers,Wal Mart etc...
    I took this approach,because no matter what case fan, CPU fan or heatsink I used, just never got a satifactory addressing for the heat build up.

Well for what it's worth...
    Bob Brooks
    Rangerbob@urx.com
    B.B

I agree with RB above largely....simply try taking the side cover off the machine for a while and see if you get the case temp down (42 is a bit high) if it makes a difference.

Its not only CPU temp (your is a bit high but not extreme) that can cause a temp problem...the chipset could also be overheating as could the ram and the video card....all these will also give you random lockups....

If taking the side cover off fixes the problem the you should ventilate the case a bit better with at least one input fan at the fron and an extra exhaust fan at the rear.
    The older I get...the better I was

Actually looks like you system is running too many program at one time. You can check this by hitting "control, alt and delete" just once though! The box that appears will tell you what you've got running now on your system. Some threads to your processor will not show here, but you'll get the general idea.
    So if your running a **** load of programs, you'll want to go into your system configuration utility to start cleaning up.
    Now every one has there own idea on what they want running on ther computers. However if you've going to clean house you'd probaly be better off by going for the gold, because you can always add then back later. And you get a better sense on what exactly is causing the most problems, as you add them back one by one.
    Note* loading one page on the web with advertisment can max out and lock up your processor even with a programs cleaning. Java Script is to blame here it utilizes a great deal of your processor fuel. My advice is to turn it off for a little while until you can get a grip on what the program 'clean up' has given back to you performance wise. In fact learning to run your computer without the java script altogether is a very wise approch since the benefits far outways the occational small entertaining gif. (you'll never need to run virus software or
    If you like, Lord willing, I may be able to take you step,by step on dealing and cleaning out your system configuation and a few tricks I picked up along the way. It is still possible you've got some hardware problem however,,,,to lick as well.
    Anyways hope this helps
    Bob Brooks
    Rangerbob@urx.com
    B.B

:eek:

I cant beleive my thread is still goin!

Well I figured the prob was my temps so as long as I keep them down, she stays stable :)

Thanks to everyone who tried to help! :cheers:

n/p's as we like to hang around and chat shop while awaitin' a verdict. We enjoyed ourselves anyway. :devil win

<center> </center>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information