Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Where is your bottleneck?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bottleneck

I have heard about the 'deathstar' talk, but I don't really buy it. Maybe when mine blows up I will.... as for now it has given me no problems and I have faith in IBM. They aren't known for making bad products, so I'm not afraid

:snip:

:laugh:

:eek:

:cheers:
    <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
    Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
    Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
    2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
    80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
    </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
    Blaster Live!<br>
    Volcano 7+<br>
    GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
    19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
    </p></td></tr></table>

actually they only have problems with the 60GXP family it was fixed in the 70 family. But only certain ones are affected. If you look in my signature you'll notice that I have one as well. I have one from the 60GXP. But mine has no problems YET and I have had it for OVER A YEAR.

we need an 'none of the above' option for the answer, or 'all of the above', as my problem is that i never clean up / uninstall things off my hdd after i download or get at lans. i suppose this could be user error, but 'the user is never wrong' just ask 1/2 my clients, so then it would have to be either all of them are problems or none are :D
    "make something idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot...."

Help solve the gene mystery join us at the TweakTown Folding@home Team

A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks. - taken from red dwarf

this would go under the "the user is the bottleneck" because its the users responsibility to keep there system all neat and tidy and defrag regularly. If you don't do this then its because of the user that the system over all lags out.

But mine has no problems YET and I have had it for OVER A YEAR.
    *GASP* a new record!!!

lol ya I miss my 486 33MHz machine
    I have a few of them laying around at home
    recently had one running as a NT4 PDC :laugh:

nt4 on one of those? lol I had well...........windows 3.1 and norton desktop lol.

not just nt4, NT4 Server! running as a Primary Domain Controler :D

all on a 486 33? REgular NT4 alone requires......um 66MHz? lol

it was either a 66 or 100? not totally sure.
    Still a mean effort for a 486 :geek:

lol the baddest of the 486 bunch was the mighty DX4 120MHz. man that thing was a beast! That one overpowered some of the earliest Pentiums it was so powerful. Early as in 60Mhz 75Mhz and even the 80MHz. I even got my hands on one for quite a few years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information