Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AMD System

Flaco - The ABIT MAX 2 wasnt widely available when I purchased my sytem parts. But with seeing how much trouble saidin had with it I'm kinda glag :(
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Hmm sucks..AbiT is known to be rather GOOD mobo...but nothing against GiGaByte...they are getting up there...and i guess it does the job...well done:thumb:
    - Damien

That's not a bad board at all but the o/c features are nowhere near my likin's sorry. It should prove very stable though. If ya not goin' to o/c (or not to much) then PC2700 should be fine. I use Kingmax PC2700 for stock to light o/c and Corsair XMS-3200 for heavy journeys to the darkside. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I'm thinking of getting something along those lines. Problem is, I've been told that the Promise RAID controller can only use one set of ports at any one go.

For example, I need to connect 8 devices using the GA-7VAXP board. I've been told that I can only use 4 devices at any one time because the motherboard uses the Promise chipset for the RAID controller. Apparently, RAID controolers that use the Highpoint chipset do not encounter this problem.

Am I right or am I just confusing the sh!t out of everyone including myself? :geek:

Your very right. I have a KG7-RAID and it uses the HighPoint, whereas i just setup a system last week for a friend with that exact board and he couldn't. He also had some probs with his Ti4200 and the AGPvolt set number in the bios. The system was turning off video randomly and i didnt have the time to fix it so he took it down to the Gigabyte main headquarters (20min away, i live in SoCal, everything is 20min away, go figure) and they did something for him to fix it. I never found out whether it was a bios upgrade or a AGPvolt change in the bios, but it works now. Id stay clear of anything thats not Abit or Asus or AOpen (big 3 A's), but then again im brand loyal.

Hey Jedi, would you be able to give us some feedback on what they did to the board if you could ask him? Just a bit curious that's all.

Chris

when i get the info ill post in this thread...

well I've done a bit of research on the board. I've decided to spend the extra bit and get Corsair ram. PC3200 512mb DDR CAS2. This should work well with the mobo, well only just over a week to go before I upgrade. Can't wait.

BIOS update and a APG VMOD up .25 or something like that. I didnt get into it with him too much, although i dont know how they get him the new BIOS when when i last checked there was only one and that was the one shipped with the board... :confused:

well thanks to the ppl that gave me the info.

I've ordered my new comp

Gigabyte 7vaxp
    AMD 2000XP+
    Corsair PC3200 512DDR CAS2
    and a triplex vid card.

Just a question, I've heard that AMD is stopping it's Athlon at 2800XP+ and moving onto diffrent chips, this just a rumour or fact?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information