Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMD System

They hope to have Barton (512KB L2 cache) out by then and Clawhammer as well but things have been changing rapidly at AMD lately and some spec changes have been rumoured again. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

So the Barton will be Socket A but the Clawhammer won't be?? Have I got that right or totally mistaken? :cheers:

You got it right. :thumb:

:no: Ah..... I'm sorry but that bloody sucks! I just got me system yesterday. Specs as follows:

XP 2400+
    Gigabyte GA-7VAXP
    512MB DDR 333

Was thinking of upgrading it gradually but all that's obviously been thrown out of the window since Socket A's going to be phased out.

What I'd like to know is, is the Hyper transport system going to speed things up tremendously? And will overclocking still be as easy?

Quote Originally Posted by vincents
    :no: Ah..... I'm sorry but that bloody sucks! I just got me system yesterday. Specs as follows:

XP 2400+
    Gigabyte GA-7VAXP
    512MB DDR 333
    hehe ......that that same spect as i just got me self ....with a few differences ... OCZ 512 ddr @ 400 pc3200

but run out of at mo so not got a raid set up sorted yet .......and got 2 keep swaping video cards over .......:mad:

have 2 let me know how ur temp setting are going ;)

Socket A will be around for a couple of years yet but when the Athlon64 (Clawhammer) comes out, socket A AthlonXP's will replace the Duron as the budget processor. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

...ah... socket a.... the good stuff....
    You guys will be able to use your socket A mobos for quite awhile as currently AMD has only one core planned with the 754 socket... and look how long its taken them to implement that one. Soon as they can develop budget procs for that socket they may move the entire line over. But even then they have a good number of fab plants producing socket A procs that would have to be moved over. As as much as we think Athlon/Socket A technology is rapidly fading, thats only true in the Top-of-the-line performance title. Socket A will still have uses for a long time to come in the other areas, namely trhe budget domain and mobile market...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information