Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Finally built my systems, opted for

AMD as per the good reports on this forum. I ended up getting a XP2200+ and am running it on a Soltek SL-FRVhich has quite a lot of upgradeability. Currently am using an Akasa cooler and have a volcano on order.

With the board i had to get a new graphics card. The Voodoo 5500 which is agp 2x would not go into the board and since this was something i had not budgeted for, i was lucky to get a geforce 3 128mb ddr, cost me 40. It'll do for now.

I have a ? to ask regards temps that the fan is capable of running upto ....the reason i ask is that i can set cut-off points in the bios to protect the cpu........and for those people who clock their cpu's, the board has a auto-clock feature.....i did clock to 2400 but did'nt want to limit the cpu life in doing so......

Thanks.....guys

I usually set the shutdown temp at 75C which is usually 10C lower than some motherboards standard setting. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks for your response Wiggo. I'll monitor the temp and change as required. I've had the pc on two days solid now. This has coincided with me getting 128k internet cable access (via NTL), which is actually cheap for us over here. Trying to figure out what to do with the extra speed.

The temp has stayed at 51'c. The heat-sink is cool to the touch.

(me being a newbie here)

My previous pc's have been intel driven and they have come with attached heat-sinks. This time i've had to fit a heat-sink, and like i say its cool when touched (it is working) but the ? is should it be cool ?

When it starts to get noticable then worry. ;)

Thread Information