Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: O/Cing the 1300 on a ECS K7S5A

Anyone know a how to O/C the Duron 1300 on a ECS K7S5A mainboard with the SIS 735 chipset? From all the sites I've been to, you can't. What will connecting the L1 Bridge do for me if you don't have have the flexibiklity inside the BIOS to change the multiplier etc? Is the only way out through the FSB with this board? Thanks.: peace2:
    Takers

If you cannot change the multiplier through either the BIOS or jumpers on the mainboard, then you are stuck with FSB overclocking. Of course, the motherboard you have isn't that stable at overclocked speeds. It wasn't designed for it. You would be much better off with a board that has the enthusiast in mind. Your model was created as an in-between for those still using SDRAM but wanting the upgradability options to change to DDR later on down the road.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yes other than installing the Modified BIOS from here and/or changing the hard coding (I'll get the exact link when their site is back up) of the CPU these boards arn't the best as they were only design as a budget board (I have one). : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information