Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unlocked?

Well here's a pic of the XP2200+ Thoroughbred "A" bridges that I have here (soz but it's only a cheap digicam). :)

I'd heard that the "B" cores were out and about but haven't really kept up with it since I don't know the differences between the two. This is my first T-Bred to handle, so when I get the chance to play, I'll let ya know if it can be manipulated. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Just a quick update...

Using the processor that I photographed the bridges of (above) and an EPoX 8K9A2 motherboard (KT400 chipset), I can move the multiplier at will. No modifications are required to the processor, so the rumors are indeed true. RDR knew this, but it makes it easier when you can see it with your own eyes.

So the hype is straight on; T-Bred + EPoX KT400 board = Overclocking Goodness. :thumb:
    My Toys

That's good to hear as the one here last night (EPoX 8RDA+, XP2400+, 3x 256MB Corsair XMS3500 C2 and GF4 Ti4600) went straight to the 166MHz FSB so the nForce is a goer too. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

But will the nForce allow you to play with the multiplier like the KT400? If so, then I may have to dig a little deeper into that chipset. :)
    My Toys

nForce 2 does Darth... My 8RDA+ has them all unlocked, i forget about the Asus board (A7N8X)... KT400 can also run them unlocked. All the Epox boards & all KT400 boards from Abit run them unlocked default.
    Thus, it appears they are all factory unlocked, but you need a board, and most importantly, a BIOS, that can take advantage of the unlock :D
    Edit: Thats with a Week42 Brown 1800+ Tbread... Anyone with a Green week 41 '9' 1800+ Tbread is a lucky biatch :D Looking at over 2GHz @ 1.75V or so if you have decent cooling/RAM and get a little lucky
    Edit 2: Mines the same as yours :)

As far as I know all nForce2 boards so far can force the multiplier. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

The Chaintech nForce 2 board didnt have multi changing. I think they brought out a BIOS that did, but i dont know if it works :D
    I bet the cheaper budget nForce 2 boards wont have it though - no need
    Edit: In the TT review the Chaintech board did have multi changing, but some versions do not, esp the original ones (i think Overclockers newzealand or whatever they call themselves reviewed the board without that function) :(

Oh yeah for your other Q Darth, thats a Tbread A - B only comes in 2400 & higher. However (far to complex :o ) AMD's stopped making A cored Tbreads, so in the nearish future, all AXP's will be B cores (think they will be dropping the 1700+ CPU as well, 1800+ becomes the slowest)

That's good to hear about the nForce boards supporting the unlocking feature. Now if only we can get more manufacturers to cater to the Enthusiast crowd. :)
    My Toys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information