Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: athlon 3000+

lol tweaker, you poor misled intel fan j/k j/k. I know that the tests I am talking about were done 2 years or more ago,but it still felt like the tests were unfair. Oh well I will always and forever will be an Amd freak Die intel Die:shoot3:

And I too will someday soon build by dream system:

Amd sledge hammer with all 8 chips

2 gb of ddr 3200 ram

2/200 gig serial ata with raid 0

500 watt speaker system

30 in lcd screen

phase changing cooling system

ati radeon 9700 pro aiw with 256 mb of ram(if they have it)

modded case with battle tech theme painted on it.
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

I look at it this way, my 2200+ @ 1900MHz does a SETI w/u in an average of 2hr 45min and my 1800+ @ 1600MHz does 3hr 5mins but the P4 2.4 @ 2.7GHz takes an average of 2hr 55mins. Now while SETI is runnin' this (P4) lags badly in it's use where as the Athlons just keep runnin' sweatly. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeah it's all about what we do, i look at fps within games and at video/audio encoding. In that tasks Intel gives me the best possibly performance atm and don't think to many amd machines can outrun it.

Well GamingSniper, i dunno but my machine performs exactly in line with a XP2400+ running the fastest memory avaible and same graphics chip, that is kind of strange cause a 2 ghz amd is supose to beat a 2,26 ghz Intel..

:cheers:

Just as I always say "certain horses for certain courses" and what ya use ya system for should dictate ya choice and not just base it on one brand over the other. When I get into playin' with video then I'll use the P4 to do it on (or anything else that relies heavily on SSE2 instructions. ;)

You are a wise computer man Wiggo.

:cheers:

The first thing I ask when a person wants a PC built for them is, "What do ya plan on usin' this for?", and then we go from there plus once I deliver the PC I don't want someone complainin' that they got a bum deal. ;)

2 questions: what is seti and what is ss3 instructions?:?:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

SETI@home = http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/learnmore.html ;)

SSE Instructions = http://www.tommesani.com/SSE.html (Intel & AMD)

SSE2 Instructions = http://www.tommesani.com/SSE2Intro.html (Intel only)

Thanks abunch. I really must say that this is the best forum I have ever been too, you see most of the forums I use have these sarcastic admins whose only purpose on there is to abuse thier admin power they don't help anyone who them deem immature or weak. Anyways keep up the good work admins.:thumb:

Thanx for that as we basically started here as small friendly (almost family like) place where those "Very Straight Laced" others were just far too large and strict for our likin's (most of us are anyway) and Tweak gave us "misfits" this place as an alternative. :thumb:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information