Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: athlon 3000+

So who is gona win? amd 3000+ or intel 3ghz+ I think it will be amd because the sledge hammer and clawhammers look awesome.
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Well we will have to wait and se. I think it will be really intresting to see how the hammer can perform.
    By then Intel will have it's 3,6 ghz hyperthread cpu on the market.

Wich fsb will that run, 533 or 800..:?:

:cheers:

My XP2600+ will be all I need (hopefully it will turn up tomorrow or the day after) plus it does have to budget the same as the P4 after all. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

hehe epox nforce2 i guess... :thumb:

Yep. :thumb:

I think.... that... I... ah .... here it is, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=8417 ;)

Just rememberd that thread..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wiggo
    [B]I look at it this way, my 2200+ @ 1900MHz does a SETI w/u in an average of 2hr 45min and my 1800+ @ 1600MHz does 3hr 5mins but the P4 2.4 @ 2.7GHz takes an average of 2hr 55mins. Now while SETI is runnin' this (P4) lags badly in it's use where as the Athlons just keep runnin'

Interesting to see THIS post about SETI!!! Just built a new system with KD-7 RAID, 2400+ cpu, 2x512ddr3200ddr ram, some other goodies BUT here's the clincher: ABIT Siluro GF4 MX w/tv out. I've run well over 2000 hours of SETI on my old system running XP. After my new power house ws fired up I just could NOT get my monitor settings to stick ie: 32 bit color @ 1280x1024. EVERY time I'd boot I'd get an 8 bit display. Well PISS ME OFF!!! Called Abit support and they suggested some stuff that wouldn't work. I was gonna uninstall and reinstall the card for the 3rd time and i started shutting down background progs. The instant I shut down SETI my display corrected itself ON THE SPOT and displayed at 32 bit color. So much for SETI. I'm running folding at home now. BTW: while I WAS running SETI I went from about 20 hours per unit before to less than 2 with the same settings. It was getting to be distraction because it wanted to connect so often! Craig

Yes the GUI version of SETI can cause some setups problems which is why I recommend usin' the commandline version as it runs below the operatin' system and much faster than the GUI version as well (or maybe I should say at a different level to other Windoze apps). Method2 here is the best way to run it plus you can store w/u's so constant connection isn't required. ;)

Well I'll be.........oh hell. Never even THOUGHT to look for THAT. OI'll probably give SETI a shot again. It's not I NEED all the zip I have available. Thanks! I wonder how many others have trashed it because of a bad GUI?????
    Craig

Probably quite a lot I'm sad to say as they didn't know any different just like there are still alot of ppl that only use the GUI version in full screensaver mode which adds up to 500% to the completion times. :(

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information