Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conspirators defile Amd agian in tests....

Arghhh for the umteenth time now them just can't get it right can they:mad: :steam: :grr: Why do people do this? This is exactly what I am talking about right here,plain and simple and you can't miss it. Maximum pc the magazine I buy sometimes held a test Amd 3000 vs intel 4 3.26 ghz and they really have annoyed me with it,but it just can't be me....I know I'm not the only one who spots descripencies in these tests like this....here it goes...

Everything was fine except the Ram.....

the layout went something like this

Intel had theri 3.06 mhz cpu and amd had the xp 3000 and the ram was rdram(1066) for the intel machine and DDR333(for the amd) both were corsair...

now what on earth makes these
    conspriators to the amd people use the fastest ram for intel boards,but not the fastest ram for the amd board, which would be ddr 400 or 433 respectivly argh!!!

another magazine that kisses Intels ass:shoot2:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

The introduction to the comparison clearly states that this is a competition between the best of Intel -vs- the best of AMD. It was not a comparison between two like processors, but the Cream of the Crop from both manufacturers. AMD afianados long ago gave up their right to complain about a so-called Apples to Apples test when they went to their stupid PR ratings (you remember, when they failed to keep up in the GHz wars).

And remember, I too use AMD because they have other redeeming features, but to lay the smack down on a publication that makes a comparison and tells you up front thier intentions isn't really fair. And when you consider that the fastest Intel is clocked at 3.06GHz and the fastest AMD is clocked at 2.167GHz, well, the odds just don't stack up for the AMD lovers out there.

So take the piece in the light that it was meant; hopefully a wake-up call for AMD to get their gear together and start packing in some much needed power!

As a side note, the young lass they got for the pictorial part of this article is simply gorgeous! She beats the popular blonde hands down from their magazine a few months back. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I'm talking about the ram man the ram even though they are testing just the processors the rdram does give intel and edge they should at least use they fastest ddr for the amd as for the ghz thing remember this amd does 9 clock operation per sec and intel only does 6 thats why they have to clock their processors so high to stay ahead. I almost certianly guarentee that a 3 ghz amd would kick the living silicon crap out of an intel 3 ghz
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

oh man..

Amd cpu tested: 333 Fsb
    Memory used: 333 Mhz

Intel cpu used: 533 Fsb
    Memory used: 533 Mhz

:idea: yeah that's right, fastest hardware used..! ;)

:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by 0R1()N
    I'm talking about the ram man the ram even though they are testing just the processors the rdram does give intel and edge they should at least use they fastest ddr for the amd as for the ghz thing remember this amd does 9 clock operation per sec and intel only does 6 thats why they have to clock their processors so high to stay ahead. I almost certianly guarentee that a 3 ghz amd would kick the living silicon crap out of an intel 3 ghz
    Yes, I know about the RAM. But again, the comparison was the best of the best available from both camps. That equates to DDR for the AMD and RDRAM for the Intel processors. That is where you get the best numbers from both products, so that is what was used.

And clock operations or not, the AMD lineup is still fighting a losing battle with nearly a full GHz difference in top end clock speeds. Sure, AMD would probably mop up if they were to test a 3GHz processor against Intel's, but go out and find me a 3GHz AMD processor top run. That is the whole point. Until AMD gets their collective butts in gear and can put out some sheer horsepower, they are going to be seen in this light.

The__tweaker,
    Though there is faster memory availbable, the nForce2 chipset used in this comparison was top quality and rated at the maximum DEFAULT specs of this board, which was what all tests were run at.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Btw, does it even excist ANY reviews not payed of by Intel..:?: Anyway you seem to doubt it.. Is it totally impossible for Intel to win anything..? If they win then someone have to be payed.. :laugh:

loosen up a bit on the paranoia will ya.. ;)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yes i realize that.

The amd machine would not have scored any better with faster memory at default speed. That's what i were trying to point to Mr paranoia.. ;)

The test where done on default settings for both rigs of course..

:cheers:

Before I read your replies to my thread I emailed the conspirators and got this.....So now I understand..

oh btw she is hot isin't she?:smokin: :devil: :devil win

biggest one I could find:cry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information