Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: O/C XP2700 via Multiplier Only?

I just discovered that my Abit KD7-E has apparently unlocked my XP2700 in BIOS. Now the big question is how far can you push a 2700 via multiplier only? I've already pushed it to 14x from 13x w/a small vcore boost for stability and seen a significant (but not dangerous) increase in cpu temp (+3.5C). Anyone already tried this? How far will it go at what temps & vcore? TIA!...
    Tomac

Ok I was just havin' a squiz at the specs for that mobo and ya may do well to consentrate on the FSB now but no more than 1.85v on the core plus keep temps under 50C @ 100% CPU load. Ya may want to increase memory voltage as well to 2.6v-2.65v. :devil:

I'm not heavy into o/c like I used to be, this is more out of curiosity than anything else so I don't really want to mess with the fsb. Currently running as XP2900 (14x) w/a small vcore boost needed for stabilty. Cpu surface temp is 46C load. May try it as XP3000 (14.5x) and see if it's stable there.
    Tomac

Thread Information